Facebook Users Can Now Book Delta Airlines Flights Using Their AccountsAugust 19th, 2010 - 6:36 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Aug 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The popularity of the social networking sites is well known and they have millions of users worldwide. Among the top notch social networking services, Facebook deserves a special mention. Led by young entrepreneur Marc Zuckerberg the service has found takers in various countries of the world. Despite facing heat from the security firms over its lapses in security the popularity of the service has soared upwards over the years. The latest move by Facebook may prove to be useful for many of its users. Delta Airlines which is one of the leading Aviation entities of the USA has woken up to the potential and appeal of the social networking platform and tied up with it.
The tie up between Delta Airlines and Facebook comes as a boon for both the aviation company and the Facebook users. Now the Facebook users can book the tickets of the airlines without leaving their Facebook page. The airline has 37000 Facebook fans who will lap up the service. Even the passengers who do not have Facebook accounts may create one for easy usage. The users need to click on the Delta Facebook page’s “Book a Trip” tab to launch an integrated software application.
The users can also inform their friend about their booked flight information through this page. The Facebook buddies who want t book flight seats jointly will find this a godsend offer. The airline has plans to unveil similar schemes for offering hotel booking for the customers. This move may also encourage other airlines to come up with similar tie ups with popular social networking applications in near future.
- Facebook Clickjacking Worm May Hurt Your Wallet, Warns Sophos - Aug 19, 2010
- Facebook founder Zuckerberg is Time's Person of Year (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- Facebook CEO upgrades relationship status - Married (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Facebook Unveils New Feature Called Places - Aug 19, 2010
- Facebook CEO marries longtime girlfriend - May 20, 2012
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- Facebook buys Instagram for $1 bn (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Investing In Facebook May Not Be A Possibility - Jan 04, 2011
- Facebook introduces new applications - Sep 23, 2011
- Facebook to launch music service - Jun 21, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg sued by Facebook investors - Jun 05, 2012
- Facebook May Dethrone Orkut In India? - Aug 19, 2010
- Facebook Best Workplace To Be In: Says A Survey - Dec 17, 2010
- Facebook launches new messaging system - Nov 16, 2010
- Facebook CEO Admits Mistakes - May 25, 2010
Tags: aviation company, book a trip, book flight, countries of the world, delta airlines, delta airlines flights, facebook, flight information, flight seats, godsend, integrated software, lapses, networking applications, networking platform, networking services, security firms, social networking sites, tie ups, ups, young entrepreneur