Facebook To Shut Down From March 15? Doesn’t Seem SoJanuary 9th, 2011 - 6:29 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Internet has been flooded with rumors lately that Facebook is about to shut down. Facebook fans were seized with panic as they continued to search endlessly all over the Internet to confirm whether the rumor was true or not. News sprang up that after March 15, users will have no more access to the site. Luckily, it was later discovered that the news had no genuine element attached to it and that it was a part of another hoax.
No doubt Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites and it never ceases to amuse its users with the varied applications and facilities. According to reports, on Saturday night the Internet saw thousands of people searching the net for one particular answer. The rumor shot up after somebody reported of a blog that bore the message from Facebook founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg that he had arrived at the decision to close the site. Reportedly, the CEO issued a statement which indicated how fatigued his life had become, all in an attempt to manage the popular site. Since the management of the site had become troublesome for him and was completely out of control, he wanted to put an end to it.
Netizens were swept away by the rumors as the news of the closure of the giant social networking site would mean a huge disappointment for many who are literally addicted to this site. After realizing that the news is nothing but a rumor, the Facebook fans breathed a sigh of relief and resumed their Saturday night party mood.
- Facebook denies shutdown rumors - Jan 10, 2011
- Randi Zuckerberg Speaks Of Online Film Popularity At Golden Globe 2011 Red Carpet - Jan 17, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg sued by Facebook investors - Jun 05, 2012
- Study reveals that 1 in 3 Facebook users are getting bored with the site - Jun 08, 2012
- Mark Zuckerberg's Own Facebook Fan Site Got Hacked - Jan 27, 2011
- Time Person Of The Year 2010 Award Goes To Marc Zuckerberg! - Dec 16, 2010
- Facebook acquires Instagram for $1 billion - Apr 10, 2012
- Facebook sees India among key growth areas - Feb 03, 2012
- Mark Zuckerberg Appears On SNL - Jan 30, 2011
- Facebook dismisses shutting down rumors - Jan 10, 2011
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- After Cartoons Facebook Has Number Game For Its Users - Dec 08, 2010
- Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook page hacked - Jan 26, 2011
- Will Smith is the victim of an Internet death hoax - Jun 02, 2011