Facebook to embark on a hiring spree next yearDecember 5th, 2011 - 7:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Unemployed Americans are excited following reports that social networking site Facebook will embark on a hiring spree next year. The company announced on Friday that they will be adding “thousands of employees” to their current staff in the year 2012. Facebook is embarking on a massive expansion of its operations from next year.
Subsequently, the company says they will almost double their current size during their expansion period. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg told a group of reporters that Facebook is accepting “applications now” urging people to send in their resumes.
Facebook opened its first engineering office in the East Coast. During the ceremony to open the office, New York Senator Chuck Schumer joined other high profile personalities to praise Facebook for being a shiny example in the period when America is struggling to keep its citizens on the job.
Excited, Bloomberg added that, “We’re … home to an increasing number of home-grown success stories, including Etsy and Hunch and Kickstarter, TheLadders, Foursquare, Gilt Groupe and Meetup… We want the next Facebook to start here in New York.”
Facebok is one of the most successful online franchises in history. The company is currently valued at anything between $10 and $100 billion. It is home to about 800 million users making it the famous website in the world.
- Facebook Management Supports Alterations As FTC Eyeballs Privacy Rules - Apr 29, 2010
- New York Senator wants to ban drugs sold as 'bath salts' - Jan 31, 2011
- New app to delete drunken messages on Facebook, Twitter - Mar 23, 2011
- Facebook smartphone to be 'released next year' - May 28, 2012
- Facebook discussing filing IPO in 2012 - Nov 30, 2011
- New York unveils digital map to help job seekers - May 16, 2012
- Former Charlotte Hornets coach Dick Harter dies - Mar 14, 2012
- Facebook to look into face recognition software's security concerns - Jul 27, 2011
- IDBI Bank quarterly net profit rises to Rs.770.78 crore - Apr 21, 2012
- US abandons plans to try 9/11 mastermind in New York - Jan 30, 2010
- Uflex assigns $250 mn for growth, eyes $2-bn revenue by 2015 - Sep 06, 2012
- Britannia NutriChoice's healthy online 'Olympic' games - Jul 25, 2012
- Reliance Broadcast to focus on radio, TV to spur growth - Jun 29, 2011
- Facebook's IPO will give birth to many millionaires - Dec 09, 2011
- Location-sharing startup joins Facebook - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: chuck schumer, engineering office, etsy, expansion period, facebok, facebook, first engineering, kickstarter, massive expansion, mayor michael bloomberg, michael bloomberg, new york dec, new york mayor, new york mayor michael bloomberg, profile personalities, senator chuck schumer, social networking site, year 2012, york mayor michael bloomberg, york senator