Facebook Profiles Of Users To Embellish Brand And Band PagesApril 20th, 2010 - 8:28 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 20, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Facebook is refurbishing the users’ profiles to highlight the pages for bands, books and businesses that millions have become fanatics of on the globe’s leading online social network.
At present, the utilizers can catalog their doings, interests, preferred music and TV shows as a component of their profiles. But links to Facebook pages for wine, your neighborhood library or the Lakers basketball team would come into view in a detached segment lower down.
Facebook has commenced to prompt Facebook consumers to effectively coalesce the two. So, if the consumer listed Johnny Cash in the ‘favorite music’ segment of his profile, Facebook will now solicit the consumer to enroll himself in Johnny Cash’s page, if the consumer has not become a fanatic of it already.
The consumer will be able to conceal this connection on his profile, but his name will still be cataloged on the Johnny Cash page as one of the 1.2 million ‘people who like this’. The same goes for users’ home towns, education and vocational places.
But there is more to Facebook pages than brands and bands.
Individuals are fond of pickles, they like sleeping in and 641,653 people are even fond of the Norwegian Olympic curling team’s pants. Therefore, for such things, Facebook is rolling out ‘community pages.’
In many cases, this page will comprise the Wikipedia entry on the topic, along with Facebook posts from buddies and others debating it. Users will witness posts from their buddies and from outsiders who have not limited public access to their updates.
Facebook is also integrating some privacy controls so that users’ buddies can’t glimpse the list of other friends they have. Under a new segment titled ‘friends, tags and connections’, users will be able to restrict who can witness what on their profile. Facebook had taken away this alternative with its renovation of privacy settings in December, but many of the consumers and confidentiality endorsers have been asking for it back.
- Facebook To Permit The Advertisers To Republish The Users' Posts - Jan 27, 2011
- Personal Info Of 100 Million Facebook Users Leaked, Accumulated And Printed Online - Jul 29, 2010
- Facebook Management Supports Alterations As FTC Eyeballs Privacy Rules - Apr 29, 2010
- Facebook Consumers Internationally Possess Concerns About The Violation Of Their Privacy - May 10, 2010
- A single click protects kids from pedophiles - Jul 08, 2012
- Facebook makes money from user's data - Apr 17, 2011
- Facebook To Annul 'Become A Fan Of' And Substitute It With 'Like' - Mar 31, 2010
- Facebook Posts To Be Republished To The Friends Of The Users - Jan 27, 2011
- Wikipedia says blackout was a success - Jan 19, 2012
- Facebook Outage Lasted For 30 Minutes When Company Tested New Features - Dec 17, 2010
- Facebook User Profiles Witnesses Heavy Changes - Apr 20, 2010
- Dating site uses pictures, names of 250,000 unsuspecting Facebook users - Feb 05, 2011
- New smartphones give instant access to Facebook - Feb 16, 2011
- Now, access Facebook on your mobile phone at the touch of a button! - Feb 16, 2011
- 'See who viewed your profile' is latest Facebook scam - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: basketball team, buddies, curling team, doings, facebook, favorite music, glimpse, johnny cash, men at work, neighborhood library, olympic curling, outsiders, pen men, pickles, preferred music, privacy settings, public access, renovation, users profiles, wikipedia