Facebook discussing filing IPO in 2012November 30th, 2011 - 11:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Facebook is reportedly in talks for an initial public offering in April 2012. The social networking site which is home to about 800 million users will reportedly offer $4 billion in stocks which is eventually expected to grow to $100 billion making the company one of the biggest in the world.
Sources say the company is currently working towards getting listed on the stock market which is one of the most anticipated in the business world. Founder Mark Zuckerberg has indicated in the past that he prefers the company to stay off the stock market for the time being.
During an interview with The Financial Times in September, Zuckerberg said he will prefer to have the company concentrate on developing new products. He told the newspaper that he prefers to wait until the later part of 2012 to have the company goes public.
Facebook spokesman Larry Yu declined to speak on the speculation. He said “we’re not going to participate in speculation about an IPO.”
If the report turns out to be accurate, Facebook will be offering the largest IPO by any technology company. The company will also be one of only four US companies to offer $1 billion IPO. The other companies are Visa, AT&T and General Motors.
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- Facebook's IPO will give birth to many millionaires - Dec 09, 2011
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- Facebook CEO upgrades relationship status - Married (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Facebook sees India among key growth areas - Feb 03, 2012
- Facebook to be valued at over $100 bn in 2012 - Nov 29, 2011
- Facebook files for $5 bn IPO - Feb 02, 2012
- Facebook CEO commits to lock his stock for 12 months - Sep 05, 2012
- Facebook IPO boosts growth of Chinese sites - Feb 03, 2012
- Facebook CEO marries longtime girlfriend - May 20, 2012
- Facebook to become publicly-listed company - Jan 30, 2012
- Mark Zuckerberg may need to pay $2 billion in taxes - Feb 08, 2012
- Russian social network delays IPO after Facebook crash - May 30, 2012
- Facebook sets IPO price at $38 - May 18, 2012
- Facebook 'to be worth $100b by next spring' - May 03, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, business world, concentrate, developing new products, facebook, financial times, general motors, initial public offering, ipo, mark zuckerberg, social networking site, speculation, spokesman larry, stock market, stocks, technology company, visa, world sources