Facebook Application Will Now Be ImprovedOctober 9th, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Facebook brings to its users a new set of surprises once again. Certain new exciting applications will now be accessed on Facebook, which will give a new landmark to social networking.
The CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, announced the launch of a new tool called the called ‘Download Your Information’. This tool will enable the users to download everything that they have posted on this site like photos, status updates, wall posts etc. Yet another new Facebook tool would monitor which are the application that people have used recently. It will also show the last time these applications were used. But the most important and useful tool that would recently be introduced in Facebook, will enable the users to show their wall comments and posts to selective people in the friend list. This application has been introduced because, it has been found that only 5% of the total number of Facebook users, like to create groups. This often leads to invasion of privacy. Therefore, now, if the user does not want a post to be seen by a particular person, or a group of people, the he can restrict the selected people from sneaking into it. This would be done, by making group formation on Facebook easier than before.
Another cool application to be introduced on this social networking site is, provision for group chat. This basically comes under the new facebook tool called “Groups”. This application will allow chatting, sharing, collaborating with a group of friends. It will include features like Docs, and other advanced functions like automatic Event invitations and Group Chat.
- Facebook introduces new 'groups' feature - Oct 07, 2010
- Facebook introduces new applications - Sep 23, 2011
- Microsoft unveils new email service - Aug 01, 2012
- Google unveils social network to challenge Facebook - Jun 29, 2011
- Study reveals that 1 in 3 Facebook users are getting bored with the site - Jun 08, 2012
- Facebook open to partnerships: Carolyn Everson - Mar 14, 2012
- Now, Facebook mobile users can control privacy while on the move - Aug 05, 2010
- Facebook May Dethrone Orkut In India? - Aug 19, 2010
- Now, check who has 'unfriended' you on Facebook - Sep 25, 2011
- Facebook blames bug for Zuckerberg's account 'hacking' - Jan 27, 2011
- Facebook to announce new tie-ups: Report - Sep 21, 2011
- Terorrist groups using Facebook for recruitment - Jan 10, 2012
- 200 million Facebook users play games every month - Sep 23, 2010
- Facebook unveils new messaging system - Nov 16, 2010
- Now 'last words' on Facebook - Jan 14, 2012