Europe’s youngest app developer Aaron Bond expelled from schoolMarch 8th, 2012 - 10:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Mar 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Europe’s youngest app developer, 14-year-old Aaron Bond, has been expelled from his school and given police reprimand after he was caught breaking into his school’s computer system. Police took his fingerprints and DNA samples before warning him not to repeat the offense.
Investigators say Aaron managed to use passwords to gain access to the school’s computer systems. He accessed several confidential data including the headmaster’s financial statement. He was about to alter the school newsletter and the IT booking system on the server when the breach was detected by the school authorities.
His school, King Edward VI College in Totnes, say they will not have him in the school again despite pleas from the teenager who claim that he never knew the consequences of his action.
Apologizing for the incident, Aaron said that, “I am very sorry and if I had known the consequences I never would have done it.”
Aaron is a promising IT brain. He was selected by Apple to attend its conference last year after coming up with six apps. He has founded a web design company and he is the managing director of the company.
He revealed that he got curious about the school system and that is what prompted him to break into it.
- Indian IT experts devise technique to fight deadly bots - May 17, 2012
- New mobile app developed to monitor data theft - Jul 06, 2012
- Coming soon: Stronger, more effective password protection - Apr 21, 2011
- Assange's hacking offences revealed in Oz court documents - Jan 17, 2011
- Now, access your online accounts at the touch of a fingertip - Dec 18, 2010
- Unprecedented cyber attack on Canada linked to China - Feb 17, 2011
- Arrests made in malware fraud case which infected millions of computers worldwide - Nov 10, 2011
- New encoding for foolproof email security - Sep 11, 2012
- Canadian federal department computers hit by suspected Chinese cyber attack - Feb 17, 2011
- Playboy's uncensored pictures will soon be available on iPad - Jan 20, 2011
- Man plants spyware on computers to photograph nude women - Jun 09, 2011
- Government school headmaster beaten to death in Bihar - May 21, 2012
- Andy Murray Survived Mass School Shooting - Sep 12, 2012
- Apple device IDs were stolen from Florida-based digital publishing firm - Sep 12, 2012
- Kerala Class 10 exam result goes online - May 01, 2010
Tags: aaron bond, apps, booking system, breach, computer system, computer systems, confidential data, dna samples, edward vi, financial statement, fingerprints, headmaster, investigators, king edward vi college, managing director, passwords, reprimand, school authorities, school newsletter, web design company