Eric Schmidt Steps Down As Google CEOJanuary 21st, 2011 - 9:06 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The tech industry is abuzz with the news of the unexpected resign of the CEO of internet search giant Google namely Eric Schmidt. The outgoing CEO of Google joined the company ten years back and since then he has been a part of its massive growth and success. It has been reported that Larry Page the co founder of Google will assume the role of the new CEO. This pivotal change comes at a time when Google is gearing up to make foray into new and emerging areas of technology such as cloud computing. The outgoing CEO explained in the official Google blog why he is stepping down from his position. He wrote that over the years Google has grown by leaps and bounds as a company and pioneered many new trends in technology. However, the management of various works have become complicated and the change in the leadership is meant for simplifying the workflow.
However Eric Schmidt made it clear he will continue to be involved in the progress of the company. He is likely to continue Exec chairman of the company. The change in top portfolio comes at a time when Google presented its shining 4th quarter earnings.
The California based company said the changes were made to “streamline decision-making and create clearer lines of responsibility and accountability at the top of the company.” Google is also involved in managing its multiple new ventures and it is chalking out strategies of tackling the threat in social networking domain given by Facebook. The change in leadership is also being interpreted as Google’s comeback to its technological roots by some.
- Google announces management changes - Jan 21, 2011
- Outgoing Google CEO Eric Schmidt wants to expand firm's business in China - Jan 28, 2011
- Google's Eric Schmid eyeballing a career in TV - Jan 24, 2011
- Google axes five products - Jul 04, 2012
- Google to play live interpreter using smartphones - Sep 07, 2010
- Britain lagging behind in digital age: Google chief - Aug 27, 2011
- New video shows Apple CEO suffering from pain - Feb 22, 2011
- 'Know-all' Google may soon help people plan their lives, says CEO - Aug 18, 2010
- Now internet users can watch who is spying on them - Mar 02, 2012
- Private firm plans to mine asteroids for rare metals - Apr 25, 2012
- Google expecting China to clear its license to operate - Jul 09, 2010
- Apple CEO health mystery: White House doesn't release meeting photo - Feb 18, 2011
- Google buys flight information software company ITA for $700 million in cash - Jul 02, 2010
- Google denies 'exit China' rumor - Mar 12, 2010
- Google CEO's absence causes concern - Jul 22, 2012
Tags: 4th quarter, ceo, co founder, decision making, eric schmidt, exec, foray, google, internet search, jan 21, larry page, leaps and bounds, massive growth, new trends in technology, new ventures, quarter earnings, ranjan, responsibility and accountability, social networking, workflow