Entropia Universe Real Estate Deal Fetches $335KNovember 13th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jon Jacobs has proved that almost anything is possible in the virtual world. The real estate magnet of Entropia Universe has recently made a deal that is sure to put some of the brokers in the real world to shame. Jon Jacobs, who goes by the name of Neverdie in the virtual world has landed a deal of $335,000 by selling a virtual property. The deal breaks the record of the previous online property sale of $300,000.
Jon Jacobs sold most of his property on one of the asteroids of Entropia Universe to John Foma Kalun who is known as ‘Pesok’ in the virtual world. Entropia is a massive multi-player online game which has an actual working economy based on real money. The users are required to pay in real money to play into the online world and then they can deal in virtual currency that is pegged with the US dollar. The game currency therefore has a real value and can be redeemed in the real world at a fixed exchange rate.
Jon Jacobs, or Neverdie accumulated and developed the property on his asteroid on Entropia Universe with time and then decided to cash in when the time and money was right. He is, however, not the only one to make a real deal in the virtual world. Second Life, which is another such multi-player universe, has earlier been host to several real estate deals based on similar principles that are followed in the real world. One woman who bought and developed properties in the Second Life universe has, reportedly, made millions (real) from her business.
- Regulation only way to weed out graft in realty sector (Comment) - Apr 06, 2011
- New networking site lets users travel, advertise virtually - Aug 19, 2012
- Superman Is Now Virtual With Customized Super Heroes - Jan 12, 2011
- NASA launches free online video game about lunar adventure - Jul 07, 2010
- "Golden Eye 007" Is Set To Get Better - Oct 30, 2010
- Fighting a war in the jungles of Vietnam, virtually - Mar 07, 2011
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Offers Bounties For FPS Gamers - Sep 02, 2010
- Now real estate sector needs reform (Comment) - Oct 30, 2011
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' sets new five day sales record with over $650 million - Nov 19, 2010
- Medal Of Honor Limited Edition Make Gamers Go Berserk - Oct 12, 2010
- Chinese woman's claim to virtual assets dismissed - Dec 28, 2010
- Reliance Big, Tom Hanks in new entertainment venture - Oct 01, 2010
- New force can propel asteroids onto earth's path - Jun 04, 2012
- Medal Of Honor Beta Releasing On June 21 - Jun 15, 2010
- Asteroids live in own 'little worlds' that spilt to give birth to smaller ones - Aug 26, 2010
Tags: asteroids, economy, exchange rate, foma, jon jacobs, kar, life universe, magnet, multi player online game, neverdie, real deal, real estate, real money, real world, second life, time and money, virtual currency, virtual property, virtual world