Dell Streak Coming To Europe First, USA In QueueMay 25th, 2010 - 8:00 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
May 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The demand for the internet tablet has shot up after Apple took the veil off its iPad a month back. Dell is eager to capture a pie of this nascent market and that explains why it has released its latest Internet tablet Streak. It will be released in the European market first and reach USA later. The news has been confirmed by the CEO of the company, Michael Dell. The Streak runs on Android OS and it was earlier shown in CES in January this year. However, this is different from the company’s Mini 3 smartphone. The Streak has a bigger touch screen that is 5 inch long. It resembles an iPhone but is bigger in dimension.
The device will be able to access both cellular networks and Wi Fi for web access. The Streak has a 5 MP camera that is located at its back while the front facing camera may come in handy for video conferencing. With this model Dell wants to woo the viewers who want to access the web through a device that is bigger than a phone but smaller than a netbook. Where the device gives the iPad a drubbing is in its support for Flash. This means flash heavy sites will open in it easily which is not the case with iPad.
If the tech sites are to be believed then Dell is also trying to make 7 and 10 inch versions of the Streak. However, the company has not confirmed these rumors. In Europe, O2 will launch the device. For the US customers, the operator would be AT &T, as Dell has reported.
- CEO of Dell Flashes 7 Inch Android Tablet Computer - Sep 23, 2010
- BlackPad: Can It Be The iPad Killer? - Sep 22, 2010
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Microsoft Slate Coming By Christmas This Year - Oct 06, 2010
- BlackBerry tablet will be a winner: Market analysts - Jan 11, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Going On Sale On Best Buy - Oct 26, 2010
- After Apple, Dell and Samsung pose challenges to BlackBerry - Nov 12, 2010
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- Tomorrow's Tablets Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 08, 2011
- Dell's 7-Inch Tablet Computer Set To Rival iPad - Sep 23, 2010
- Dell showcases 7-inch Tablet Computer at the Oracle Open World Conference - Sep 23, 2010
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- New BlackBerry video touts its tablet as better than iPad - Jan 05, 2011
- Can Samsung Galaxy Tab Dethrone iPad? - Aug 29, 2010
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: amp, apple, cellular networks, ceo, ces, drubbing, first usa, inch versions, ipad, iphone, michael dell, mp, nascent market, netbook, o2, queue, touch screen, veil, video conferencing, web access