Dell CEO Unveils Its 7-Inch Tablet ComputerSeptember 23rd, 2010 - 5:59 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
September 23, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Michael Dell, the CEO of Dell Inc. unveiled the second tablet computer from the company on Wednesday. The tablet is 7-inch in size and hopes to take on a similar product from Apple which is in the offing. The spokesperson for Dell, Matthew Parretta declined to comment on the availability of its latest gizmo.
Dell showed off its newest gadget at the technological conference in San Francisco. Apple’s newest iPad which has been available for the last five months is a 10 incher. However, Dell’s new tablet computer did succeed in keeping the interest of the consumers alive particularly of those who would be investing in the latest models of tablet computers. Apple, in the meantime, has succeeded in selling almost 3.3 million iPads in the first quarter.
Although the Dell remained reluctant to disclose too many details, it did let out some facts about the newest Streak tablet which is of 15 inches. It is expected to receive as well as send calls and will be running on the Android smart phone operating system of Google. The online stores of Dell are already selling them whereas the Best Buy stores are likely to have them by next month. The executives of Dell have also said that the company would be launching tablets with bigger screens as well.
The Steak is priced at $549.99 which can also be obtained at $299.99 along with an AT&T contract for two years. The critics haven’t really been kind to the Streak however. They stand by their decision of finding it too big to use as a phone and too small to let it double up as a computer.
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- Dell showcases 7-inch Tablet Computer at the Oracle Open World Conference - Sep 23, 2010
- CEO of Dell Flashes 7 Inch Android Tablet Computer - Sep 23, 2010
- Dell's 7-Inch Tablet Computer Set To Rival iPad - Sep 23, 2010
- After Apple, Dell and Samsung pose challenges to BlackBerry - Nov 12, 2010
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
- Apple has sold 2m iPads in 60 days - Jun 01, 2010
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012
- Microsoft Slate Coming By Christmas This Year - Oct 06, 2010
- Dell Streak Coming To Europe First, USA In Queue - May 25, 2010
- iPad To Dominate Market For Next Two Years Experts Say - Aug 29, 2010
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: best buy, best buy stores, ceo of dell, dell inc, first quarter, five months, gadget, gizmo, google, ipad, ipads, men at work, michael dell, operating system, pen men, screens, smart phone, spokesperson, tablet computer, tablet computers