Cheaper smaller ‘iPhone Nano’ in the pipelineFebruary 11th, 2011 - 8:23 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The technology website, Bloomberg, has reported that Apple plans to come out with smaller and cheaper iPhone.
It is believed that Apple wants to beat off the challenge mounted by Android phones from the pricing angle. The website reports that the phone will be known as iPhone Nano when it gets to come out.
The website cited sources that have been briefed on the project for the information. The phone when it comes out would be selling for around $200 according to the report. The report also claims that Apple wants to develop a technology that will enable multiple networks to run on its iPhone 4 phones.
The report claimed that, “Apple also is developing technology that makes it easier to use the iPhone on multiple wireless networks.”
iPhone 4 currently runs on the AT&T and Verizon carriers in the United States.
This is not the first time that it has been reported that Apple is coming out with a nano iPhone. In 2008, a Daily Mail report was positive that Apple would come out with a nano iPhone before the end of that year.
It is highly expected that Apple will release its iPhone 5 later this year.
- Apple to launch smaller iPhone - Feb 11, 2011
- Verizon iPhone: How Will It Affect The Users? - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple Launches iPhone On Verizon, AT&T Retorts - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple making new iPhone for Verizon - Oct 07, 2010
- Verizon iPhone Launch No Longer A Rumor? - Jan 08, 2011
- Verizon Announces iPhone Coming On Its Network, Users Excited - Jan 12, 2011
- Verizon to market iPhone soon in the US - Oct 10, 2010
- Apple iPhone 5 Speculations Running Riot - Jan 12, 2011
- Verizon Wireless to introduce tiered data plan in next four to six months - Sep 24, 2010
- Verizon, AT&T; crucial to BlackBerry tablet sales - Apr 22, 2011
- Apple iPhone 5 release eagerly awaited - Jan 12, 2011
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in France, Italy - Oct 05, 2011
- Verizon iPhone: Will It Spell The Doom For AT&T? - Jan 11, 2011
- Verizon iPhone Announcement May Come on Jan 11 - Jan 08, 2011
- Google's Android outsells iPhone, threatens BlackBerry - May 11, 2010