Charles Martinet Remembered Fondly On Mario’s 25th AnniversarySeptember 17th, 2010 - 7:58 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Sep 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) There is no need to give any introduction to Super Mario the legendary cartoon character loved by millions of kids and adults worldwide. In fact Mario remains one of the most loved classic games even in the times of advanced computer technology and Internet. The popular character is turning 25 and this has made the fans nostalgic. As is the case with many cartoon character, Mario’s popularity far surpasses that of his voice narrator, Charles Martinet. The man who made Mario a household name is not very tech savvy as he has often said himself. When Mario made his debut on Nintendo console of previous generation the Internet was a faraway thought for the mass and personal computing was in its infancy.
Charles Martinet also gave the voice for the sibling of Mario named Luigi. He admits that he is not very comfortable with the latest gadgets including TV remote! He is of the opinion that it was not something he was acquainted with in his generation and nothing can be done about it. Nintendo in fact owes a considerable amount of its popularity to Mario. To celebrate the silver jubilee of Mario the company has announced that it will release a special anniversary edition of Super Mario game.
The anniversary game will be made available in Japan and it will hit the stores on October 21st. The game has been made for numerous platforms over the years and the man who gave Mario his voice is only too happy to know that the character continues to enjoy the same popularity after two decades of its creation.
- Nintendo Celebrates the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros. - Sep 14, 2010
- PETA is unhappy with Mario as he wears a Tanooki suit - Nov 16, 2011
- At 85, cartoonist Mario Miranda exits life's canvas - Dec 11, 2011
- Classic Cartoon Character Mickey Mouse Creates Buzz With "Epic Mickey" Video Game - Dec 04, 2010
- Mario Bros 'Greatest Video Game Ever' - Aug 28, 2010
- Penelope Cruz in Mario's avatar - Aug 17, 2012
- Compassionate man with wicked humour, say Mario's friends, fans - Dec 11, 2011
- 'Sexy' video game encouraging 'flirty striptease' awarded 12 + certificate - Feb 26, 2011
- No one quite like Mario, say Goan artists - Dec 12, 2011
- Happy 25th Birthday, Nintendo! - Oct 18, 2010
- Nintendo Seeks to Trademark "It's On Like Donkey Kong" - Nov 12, 2010
- Thank you Steve, forever, say Indian youths - Oct 06, 2011
- India, Spain share a laugh over cartoons (With Images) - Jun 24, 2012
- Politics then and now: Nehru, Ambedkar didn't object to cartoon (Comment) - May 19, 2012
- Super Mario Bros. celebrates its 25th anniversary - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: 25th anniversary, advanced computer technology, anniversary edition, cartoon character, charles martinet, classic games, decades, household name, infancy, latest gadgets, nintendo, october 21st, personal computing, platforms, popularity, sibling, silver jubilee, super mario game, tech savvy, voice narrator