Canon’s A480 PowerShot receives positive reviewsMay 29th, 2009 - 11:48 pm ICT by John Le Fevre
Canon’s latest addition, the PowerShot A480, is the lowest priced model in Canon’s extensive range of compact cameras and reviewers are generally agreed that it is good value for money.
The A480 is 25 percent smaller than its predecessor, the PowerShot A470, and offers a simplified button layout, larger 10 megapixel sensor, a 3.3x optical zoom lens with a focal length of 37-122mm, and a 2.5-inch LCD screen.
Inside it boasts a DIGIC III image processing engine, Face Detection, Motion Detection and Automatic Red-Eye Correction technologies and 15 different shooting modes.
Respected photography blogsite, Photography blog, said: “In summary the Canon PowerShot A480 is a cheap, well-made, straight-forward compact camera that’s particularly suited to the beginner, also offering some useful features found on much more expensive A-series models.”
PCWorld magazine said: “Canon’s PowerShot A480 ($US130, as of May 19, 2009) is designed for people who want to shoot pictures without fussing over camera settings. It’s a dead-simple, reasonably stylish point-and-shoot camera to have on hand when you’re hanging out with friends and family.”
Alexandra Savvides at CNet Australia, said: “If you’re looking for a cheap, easy-to-use camera under $AU200 ($US160) you could do far worse than the PowerShot A480. Design issues aside, it’s a capable compact with decent image quality.
The one noticeably absent feature is Image Stabilization, however, for the price, Canon seem to have another winner for the lower end of the market.
- Canon eyes Rs.150 crore revenue from brand stores - Sep 19, 2012
- Canon India teams with FTII to hone film-making talent - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian digital camera market grows 69 percent - May 09, 2011
- Nikon Coolpix P100 - Sep 24, 2010
- Canon India to spend Rs.550 mn on ramping sales - Jan 07, 2010
- Smartphones eating into camera sales in US - Dec 25, 2011
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
- Digital camera market grew 76 percent in Apri-June quarter - Nov 03, 2010
- Scanner to detect fake documents - Oct 03, 2011
- Soon, camera that makes seeing the 'invisible' possible - Mar 06, 2011
- Rest in peace Prabuddha dada, says fashion world - Aug 13, 2012
- World's tiniest camera perches on your finger - Sep 21, 2011
- Canon Ixus 300 HS camera a complete review - Sep 25, 2010
- Arvind Kaushik creates history, shoots film in two hours - Jul 03, 2012
- Canon Rebel Is Available At Great New Prices - Dec 14, 2009
Tags: 122mm, a470, blogsite, button layout, camera settings, canon powershot, cnet, compact camera, compact cameras, decent image, digic iii, eye correction, face detection, image stabilization, inch lcd screen, latest addition, megapixel sensor, motion detection, point and shoot camera, series models