Can Samsung Galaxy Tab Dethrone iPad?August 29th, 2010 - 7:18 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Aug 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Apple is a technology giant that is known for setting new trends in gadget market and quite a number of times its unique gadgets have created new segment in this fast evolving market. It revolutionized the concept of mobile entertainment with its iPad lineup of media player. On the move internet access was redefined by its Touchscreen tablet iPad which has made the company laughing all the way to the bank. The iPad is still selling in record numbers every month after its release and Apple has emerged as the undisputed leader in a segment that did not even exist a few years back. However, the rivals like Dell and HP have been taken aback by the unexpected success of the iPad and they are coming up with their own tablet shortly. Samsung which has made considerable progress in Smartphone market in recent times is also willing to grab a share of the pie and its latest Galaxy Tab is possibly aimed at iPad.
The much touted Galaxy Tab will be unveiled on September 2 in Germany’s Berlin. The Galaxy Tab runs on Samsung’s own CPU and at its back there is the Android Froyo OS 2.2. The Galaxy Tab noses ahead of the iPad in feature department for sure. It has two cameras in it where as iPad does not even have a single camera.
The Galaxy Tab also supports flash that is missing in iPad. The features as well as ever increasing apps for Android do make the Galaxy appear a better alternative but the customers will have the final say as always.
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Going On Sale On Best Buy - Oct 26, 2010
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy Tab - Sep 04, 2010
- HP Slate 500: Can It Challenge The iPad? - Oct 22, 2010
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- HP Slate: Good For Corporate Users, But This Is No iPad Killer! - Oct 23, 2010
- Samsung's tablet looks to take on iPad - Nov 02, 2010
- Motorola Zooms Ahead In Tablet Race With Xoom! - Jan 06, 2011
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
- BlackPad: Can It Be The iPad Killer? - Sep 22, 2010
- Samsung did not copy 'cool' Apple iPad: Court - Jul 10, 2012
- After Apple, Dell and Samsung pose challenges to BlackBerry - Nov 12, 2010
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: android, dell, feature department, gadget, galaxy, ipad, laughing all the way, laughing all the way to the bank, mobile entertainment, new trends, news apple, noses, os 2, ranjan, record numbers, rivals, single camera, technology giant, undisputed leader, unexpected success