‘Call of Duty MW3′ all set to create recordNovember 18th, 2011 - 7:58 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Just five days after “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3” was released, the game is on course to becoming one of the biggest entertainment franchises of all time. The game has already grossed almost $800 million since it was released.
With a total gross of $775 million, the game has become the highest grossing game in five days. This is the third straight game of the franchise to have achieved that feat. The game is only available on X-Box and PlayStation.
With the current sales value, the game franchise has passed the $6 billion mark. If the game’s impressive move continues, it is estimated that it will end up catching up several top movies like Star Wars and Harry Potter.
The Star Wars brand has so far fetched $8.3 billion with the Harry Potter franchise raking in $8.6 billion. With $6 billion already in the bag, it is estimated that “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3” will help push the franchise to the $7 billion mark.
A unit of the game is offered for $60 and it is rated 17 but that has done very little to affect the fortunes of the franchise.
The chief executive officer of Activision Bobby Kotick said that, “Audience enthusiasm is even greater than what we expected.”
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' sets new five day sales record with over $650 million - Nov 19, 2010
- Call of Duty racks up $3 bn in sales - Nov 28, 2009
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' is best selling video game ever - Mar 16, 2011
- War in the gaming world - Jun 26, 2011
- Pirates creates overseas record - May 23, 2011
- 'Gears of War 3' becomes the most successful game of 2011 - Sep 30, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Part 2' shatters several box office records - Jul 18, 2011
- Resurgence Map Pack Arrives For The Call Of Duty Fanatics - Jun 03, 2010
- Today is the death anniversary of Harry Potter's parents - Oct 31, 2011
- MW2 Resurgence Map Pack In Massive Demand - Jun 04, 2010
- Microsoft to bring cable TV content to Xbox game console - Oct 06, 2011
- Call Of Duty Black Ops Trailer Is Available - May 01, 2010
- iPhones, iPads in kids' Christmas wish list - Oct 25, 2010
- Call Of Duty Black Ops World Premier Trailer Unveiled By Activision - May 19, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: activision, audience enthusiasm, call of duty, call of duty modern warfare, chief executive officer, current sales, fortunes, franchises, game franchise, harry potter, impressive move, kotick, playstation, star wars, straight game, x box