Blackberry Playbook Unveiled With Better Spec Than iPadSeptember 28th, 2010 - 7:48 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Sep 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mike Lazardis the CEO and President of RIM which makes the famous Smartphone BlackBerry unveiled the much awaited Blackberry tablet named the playbook. The device has generated enough pre release buzz in the tech industry and market analysts went on speculating whether it will be able to dethrone the widely popular Apple iPad. The device was presented by the CEO at San Francisco in the BlackBerry Developer’s Conference. The device does look pretty impressive and would prove to be a head turner at parties and get together for sure. It is amazingly thin with a thickness of only 10mm. The USP of the device is of course the WSVGA capacitive touch screen that boasts of multi touch support.
The Playbook runs a modified version of the BlackBerry Tablet OS that utilizes the robust QNX Neutrino architecture and support for multitasking. The device has beefy hardware components including 1GB RAM and a powerful dual core CPU that chugs along at a speed of 1 GHz. It will trounce the iPad in Flash support and Playback as the Apple tablet lacks support for it. It supports a number of video playback standard including DivX, WMV and 1080p HD Video. In audio it supports mp3, WMA and AAC. The device also comes with HDMI Video output, a feature that will be appreciated by many.
BlackBerry Playbook also has support for Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n. Apart from Flash it also provides support for Adobe AIR. It is not much heavy and weighs only 400gm. As of now 3G support is not there but RIM plans to add it in near future.
- BlackBerry denies reports on PlayBook battery life - Dec 31, 2010
- BlackBerry tablet will be a winner: Market analysts - Jan 11, 2011
- BlackBerry unveils PlayBook tablet to take on iPad - Sep 28, 2010
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- BlackBerry partners Sprint as tablet market soars - Jan 07, 2011
- Not stopping PlayBook tablet, says BlackBerry - Jul 19, 2011
- New BlackBerry video touts its tablet as better than iPad - Jan 05, 2011
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- RIM launches upgraded PlayBook operating system in India - Feb 24, 2012
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- Rumours of 'BlackBerry Cyclone' to take on Apple TV - Jul 16, 2011
- BlackBerry stock soars after tablet demo - Oct 27, 2010
- PlayBook for those who want to work and play - Apr 18, 2011
- BlackBerry to sell tablet below $500 to undercut iPad sales - Nov 11, 2010
- Verizon, AT&T; crucial to BlackBerry tablet sales - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: 1080p, apple ipad, apple tablet, blackberry, dual core cpu, edr, flash support, hardware components, head turner, market analysts, modified version, playbook, qnx neutrino, rim, smartphone, touch screen, usp, video output, video playback, wmv