Behold! there is a STD testing phone app in the pipelineNovember 9th, 2010 - 2:47 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Nov 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It is reported that British health authorities are currently having sleepless nights over a project that they hope will result in an app that can confirm a person’s STD status within seconds. The new app the will work on cell phones will help identify a person’s STD status instantly.
British tabloids already report that the British authorities have spent some 4 million British pounds on the project. If the concept becomes a reality, users will be required to just submit their urine or saliva on a piece of chip and plug it onto their cell phone. The app will then pick the task up from there and the results delivered instantly.
The chip is expected to be the size of a USB chip and authorities revealed that the technology is aimed at young Britons to know their STD status. Scientists believe knowing one’s STD status help curb the spread of the disease. However some people are too embarrassed to walk into the doctor’s office and submit himself or herself to an STD test. The new approach is however expected to eliminate that fear and encourage more people to know their status.
- Coming soon: pee-on mobile chip to predict STD - Nov 09, 2010
- Smartphone users reject apps over privacy issues - Sep 06, 2012
- Mobile diagnostics can tell if you have STDs - Nov 10, 2010
- Soon, a 'USB' for medical diagnosis - Nov 30, 2010
- Energy bugs drain smartphone batteries - Jun 14, 2012
- Can apps help us keep our New Year's resolutions? - Dec 26, 2010
- Soon, Twitter and Facebook will be available on your cars! - Apr 10, 2011
- World's smallest, lightest telemedicine microscope invented - Apr 23, 2010
- World's tiniest, lightest microscope designed - Apr 23, 2010
- Now, a new iPhone app that counts calories from food photos! - Apr 12, 2011
- A card for medical emergencies - Jun 09, 2011
- Sensor detects glucose in diabetics' saliva, tears - Aug 24, 2012
- Average person looks like 'Steven Gerrard or Lorraine Kelly' - Jan 27, 2012
- Now, a 'Star Trek'-style medical 'tricorder' to diagnose breast cancer - Sep 02, 2010
- Internet firms spy on personal texts sent on smartphones - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,