Apple’s iPad has a battery life of 10 hoursJanuary 28th, 2010 - 1:51 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Francisco, Jan 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Apple launched the iPad at a special event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco today, which was an invitation only event. The iPad has a battery life of 10 hours, which is no mean feat, plus it has a standby of around a month.
The iPad is powered by Apple’s own chip, which is called the A4, and it is revolutionary to say the least. Besides this the iPad has 1GHZ, 16, 32 or 64 GB of flash storage. It also boasts of the very latest in the Wireless world with 802.11n, WiFi, and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR. It is just 0.5 inches thin, and it weighs just 1.5 pounds. And it has a 9.7-inch IPS display.
The iPad is very thin, beautifully crafted and has a Home Button at the base, like the iPhone. It has built-in slideshows, and the music effortlessly plays with the slides, and with the transitions as well. It is a good product to store photographs, and it has a photo scrubber bar at the bottom as well. It can also show the calendar and maps, and use the Internet to navigate to a place too.
The users can also email from it, with the huge on-screen keyboard. iPad promises to give the best browsing experience to the users. The page on the iPad can be adjusted to your own convenience, as it can turn any way. The Home screen of the iPad can also be changed, as per the requirements. At the launch, the iPad was also shown with the newspaper, so as to show to the audience, how easy it is to read a newspaper online.
- Apple's iPad is great for playing games too - Jan 28, 2010
- Apple's new app: iBook, iPad goes one up on Amazon's Kindle - Jan 28, 2010
- Apple unveils long-awaited tablet device - Jan 28, 2010
- Apple iPad specifications - Jan 28, 2010
- Apple launches the iPad - bridging the gap between iPod & MacBook - Jan 28, 2010
- Apple iPad prices starting from $499 - Jan 28, 2010
- Blackberry Playbook Unveiled With Better Spec Than iPad - Sep 28, 2010
- Apple plans new-generation iPad event - Feb 29, 2012
- Apple iPad priced at $499 - Jan 28, 2010
- Is Apple going to announce the release date of iPad 3 soon? - Feb 09, 2012
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Apple iPhone 5 is slimmer, lighter (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple unveils slimmer, lighter iPhone 5 - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple iPad's price is a hit with all - Jan 29, 2010
- Apple to introduce iPad 3 in March - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: a4, battery life, bluetooth, convenience, flash storage, gb, home button, invitation, ipad, iphone, launch, maps, news apple, screen keyboard, slides, slideshows, transitions, wifi, yerba buena center, yerba buena center for the arts