Apple’s iCloud launched for developersAugust 2nd, 2011 - 11:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) After so much fanfare and anticipation, Apple has finally launched the service iCloud for developers. The service was launched on Monday, 1st of August 2011 and it promises to make transferring data between platforms easier for Apple users.
For instance iPad users who snap pictures with their device could have it transferred onto other devices like iPhone, iPod and laptops just within seconds. The service can be turned on automatically so that the transfer is done almost instantly. The service also offers Apple users the opportunity to have their data backed-up on their Mac computers.
Apple has announced that the service is absolutely free to Apple users as long as they use less than 5GB of storage. When the figure is exceeded, customers are charged $20 annually for extra 10GB. The amount is $40 and $100 when storage of 20GB and 50GB of data storage is used respectively.
The initial release is for developers so that mean other users will have to wait after some time before the service will get back to them. The major limitation of the service is that it will not allow users to edit their document on the platform when they are stored.
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
- Apple's iCloud fetches deals with major record labels - Jun 03, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple unveils MacBook Air - thinnest, lightest laptop - Oct 21, 2010
- Apple unveils thinnest and lightest laptop - Oct 21, 2010
- Investors dump BlackBerry as iMessage seen major threat - Jun 08, 2011
- Apple introduces new version of computer operating system - Jun 12, 2012
- Best Cyber Monday Deals From Apple - Nov 30, 2010
- Apple releases preview of new Mac operating system - Feb 17, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
- Apple Gets Trademark For 'There's An App For That' Catchphrase - Oct 12, 2010
- Jobs turns loser Apple into a big winner - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012