Apple TV sold out across stores in United StatesOctober 6th, 2010 - 10:44 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
In some good news for Steve Jobs, the Apple TV has managed to become a hit. It has been sold out across the stores in the United States. They are not available in the Apple stores and even on Amazon. Best Buy has also placed order for the Apple TV’s, but they are yet to receive their initial installment of the product.
There are reports that JMP Research’s Alex Gauna estimated that Apple TV must have managed to sell around 1 million per quarter. Since the Apple TV retails at $99 a piece, so that means around $400 million per year in sales.
And the sales have delighted the Apple officials. The sales have increased by leaps and bounds because the product’s features have delighted the customers. Apple TV 2.0 is quite smaller than its previous counterpart. It has the iOS operating system just like the iPhone.
As Apple TV costs just $99 per piece so it’s a hit with the recession hit Americans. With the festival season just around the corner, it might become a hit as a gifting option as well.
It seems that Apple is all set to make a dramatic comeback from the iPhone 4 debacle.
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- Rumors Related To Apple Soar As Apple Gears Itself Up To Launch Fresh Products - Sep 01, 2010
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Apple to unveil future of its operating systems - Mar 29, 2011
- Apple becomes most valuable company in history - Aug 21, 2012
- Apple iPhone 5 is slimmer, lighter (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple unveils slimmer, lighter iPhone 5 - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- iPhone Alarm Glitch Makes Users Irate - Jan 04, 2011
- Apple's iCloud fetches deals with major record labels - Jun 03, 2011
- Apple iOS 4.1 Released Today in U.S. Not Jailbreak Compatible - Sep 08, 2010
- Android, iOS power 85 percent of smartphones shipped - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: 1 million, alex, amazon, apple stores, apple tv, best buy, counterpart, debacle, dramatic comeback, initial installment, iphone, iphone 4, leaps and bounds, operating system, recession, steve jobs, tv 2