Apple Starts Offering Free Cases For iPhone 4July 24th, 2010 - 7:04 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
July 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Friday Apple started taking requests from the customers of the iPhone 4 For free bumpers. The flagship Smartphone of Apple got mired into signal reception problems almost after its grand release last month. The design of the phone and the position of the antenna is leading to the reception problem which has made a number of customers irate. When the CEO Steve Jobs tried to defend the iPhone by saying that a number of other models from rival companies also suffer from the same problem it did not help the company either. It was at the same press conference that the Apple CEO announced that the company would give the buyers of the device free bumpers to eliminate the reception problem.
Apple has also announced that the sale of the White model of iPhone 4 will be delayed. The Cupertino based electronics giant ran into trouble when the Consumer Reports magazine published a report on iPhone 4 saying that it would not recommend the device. The iPhone 4 customers who want to avail a bumper can opt for the iPhone 4 Case Program app which is now available in Apple’s App Store. The case is available in more than one color and the customers can pick which case they want.
However, the signal reception and related hoopla has not affected the sales of the iPhone by any means. The device is selling very well and the company is expecting similar response in other countries as well. The phone has a number of enhancements and do not have any major performance issues as such.
- Steve Jobs Tries To Defend iPhone 4 At Apple Press Conference - Jul 17, 2010
- iPhone 4 Recall Not Likely, Say Experts - Jul 15, 2010
- Apple iPhone 4 Faces New Attack From RIM And Nokia - Jul 17, 2010
- Apple delays release of white iPhone 4 - Jul 24, 2010
- iPhone 5 pre-orders top record 2 million in first 24 hours - Sep 18, 2012
- Apple offers protective cases to disgruntled iPhone buyers - Jul 17, 2010
- Apple releases iPhone 4 in 17 more countries - Jul 26, 2010
- iPhone 5 sets a 2 mn pre-booking record (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- iPhone 5 sets a 2 million sales record - Sep 18, 2012
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Mark Papermaster Becomes Latest Victim Of iPhone 4 - Aug 08, 2010
- Apple CEO Attacks Rivals At Quarterly Earning Call - Oct 19, 2010
- Would a Software patch help to fix the iPhone Death Grip problem? - Jun 27, 2010
- Apple offers apology for problems with iPhone 4 - Jul 05, 2010
- Is Apple's iPhone 4 Apology Enough? - Jul 05, 2010
Tags: antenna, apple ceo, bumpers, case program, consumer reports magazine, cupertino, enhancements, flagship, giant, hoopla, iphone, iphone 4, models, performance issues, reception problems, rival companies, signal reception, smartphone, steve jobs, taking requests