Apple releases new redesigned Mac miniJune 15th, 2010 - 11:38 pm ICT by BNO News
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) Apple on Tuesday unveiled the new and redesigned Mac mini, which is the world’s most energy efficient desktop.
The completely redesigned desktop features up to twice the graphics performance, a new HDMI port and a new SD card slot, in a compact aluminum enclosure, which measures 7.7 inches square and 1.4 inches thin.
The computer also features a new integrated power supply, which eliminates the need for an external power adapter, reducing overall system volume by 20 percent and keeping cable clutter to a minimum.
“The sleek, aluminum Mac mini packs great features, versatility and value into an elegant, amazingly compact design,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. “With twice the graphics performance, HDMI support and industry-leading energy efficiency, customers are going to love the new Mac mini.”
Mac mini comes standard with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 320GB hard and 2GB of RAM for $699, but it has a removable panel underneath, providing quick access for memory expansion. The new Mac mini also reduces power consumption by 25 percent to less than 10W at idle, less than half the power required by other systems, meeting Energy Star 5.0 requirements and achieving EPEAT Gold status.
- Apple upgrades iMac line, introduces Magic Trackpad and 27-inch LED Cinema Display - Jul 28, 2010
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Apple unveils MacBook Air - thinnest, lightest laptop - Oct 21, 2010
- Apple To Bring Out New Macs With Beefed Up Spec - Jul 21, 2010
- HP Mini 5103 reviewed - Sep 25, 2010
- iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Apple releases preview of new Mac operating system - Feb 17, 2012
- HP Pavilion dm4-1160us the lightest 14inch notebook in the market - Sep 27, 2010
- Apple to unveil future of its operating systems - Mar 29, 2011
- New Macintosh Laptop And Desktop Models Expected In 2011 - Dec 21, 2010
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- Pearson, Micromax launch e-learning toy for kids - Apr 03, 2012
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: aluminum enclosure, bno, cable clutter, cupertino california, desktop features, energy efficiency, gold status, graphics performance, integrated power supply, intel core 2 duo processor, leading energy, memory expansion, mini mac, new mac, news apple, power consumption, sd card slot, senior vice president, system volume, worldwide product marketing