Apple Profits Soar From Strong iMac And iPad SalesJuly 21st, 2010 - 7:31 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
July 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Steve Jobs is a happy man these days. The signal problem, of the latest iPhone notwithstanding the Cupertino based Apple Inc has reported record sales of its iMac computers and internet tablet iPad. However, the sales of iPhone are a tad below expectation. Apple is carrying on with the sales trend for the third time in previous 4 quarters. So far 3.27 million units of iPad have been sold and it has added $2.17 billion in revenue which is a significant part of the total earning of the company in that period.
The strong iPad sales have surprised the industry experts and the Apple team as well. They are calling the success of the iPad phenomenal. The company posted revenue worth $15.7 billion for the quarter. The chief financial officer of Apple Peter Oppenheimer also confirmed the data. As a matter of fact, the iPhone and iPad gobbled maximum media attention in the last few months. Especially iPad which is being considered as a new gadget by many did very well. The iMac line also sold well and it contributed to the record revenue the company earned in the last three quarters.
On an average Apple is selling more than 1 million units of iPad every month since its debut. The Mac sales were fueled by the release of the new models of iMac, Mac Mini and Mac book range of laptops. The company is planning to launch the internet tablet in some other countries within this year. The demand for iPad is in fact far outstripping the supply and the trend would continue for some more months.
- Apple CEO Attacks Rivals At Quarterly Earning Call - Oct 19, 2010
- Apple reports record quarterly revenue, earnings - Jan 25, 2012
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012
- Apple sells every iPad made, profits zoom up 125 percent (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Apple sells every iPad, profits jump 125 percent - Jul 20, 2011
- Apple To Bring Out New Macs With Beefed Up Spec - Jul 21, 2010
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Apple quarterly results exceed expectations - Apr 25, 2012
- iPad To Dominate Market For Next Two Years Experts Say - Aug 29, 2010
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- Jobs turns loser Apple into a big winner - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple's iCloud fetches deals with major record labels - Jun 03, 2011
- iPad Sales Time To Improve Soon - Aug 29, 2010
- Despite record profits, Apple disappoints Wall Street - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: apple team, chief financial officer, cupertino, happy man, imac computers, imac line, industry experts, iphone, mac book, mac mini, mac sales, matter of fact, maximum media, media attention, peter oppenheimer, record sales, sales trend, signal problem, steve jobs, three quarters