Apple presents iPhone 4, to be released later this monthJune 8th, 2010 - 3:08 pm ICT by BNO News
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) – Apple presented the new iPhone 4 on Monday,
The iPhone 4 features FaceTime, which allows video calling, and Apple’s new Retina display, but maintains its 3.5 display screen - which can show around four times as many pixels than the iPhone 3GS, resulting in sharper text, image, and video.
“iPhone 4 is the biggest leap since the original iPhone,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “FaceTime video calling sets a new standard for mobile communication, and our new Retina display is the highest resolution display ever in a phone, with text looking like it does on a fine printed page. We have been dreaming about both of these breakthroughs for decades.”
In addition, iPhone 4 features a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, HD video recording, Apple’s A4 processor, a 3-axis gyro and a stronger battery that holds up to seven hours of talk time on 3G networks, up to 10 hours of web browsing on Wi-Fi and up to six hours on 3G, and up to 10 hours of video playback and up to 40 hours of audio playback
The iPhone 4 is featured in a glass and stainless steel design that is the thinnest smartphone in the world, measuring only 9.3 mm wide.
iPhone 4 comes with iOS 4, which includes over 100 new features and 1500 new APIs for developers. iOS 4 features Multitasking, Folders, enhanced Mail, deeper Enterprise support and Apple’s new iAd mobile advertising platform. iPhone 4 will be available in the US, UK, France, Germany and Japan on June 24.
- Bharti Airtel to launch iPhone 4 in the India - Apr 11, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- iPhone 5 pre-orders top record 2 million in first 24 hours - Sep 18, 2012
- Apple unveils slimmer, lighter iPhone 5 - Sep 13, 2012
- iOS4.1 Releasing Today And iPhone Owners Are Excited - Sep 08, 2010
- Apple to drop Google Maps from upcoming mobile platform - May 12, 2012
- Apple's market share growth pauses - Aug 15, 2012
- Apple iPhone 5 is slimmer, lighter (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- The new iPod touch: practically a smartphone - Sep 19, 2010
- Hacker claims security flaw with Apple's iPhone - Aug 18, 2012
- Rumor has it that iPhone 5 is going to have a 4-inch display - May 21, 2012
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Apple unveils MacBook Air - thinnest, lightest laptop - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: audio playback, bno, enterprise support, facetime, gyro, iad, iphone, iphone 4, led flash, mail, megapixel camera, mobile advertising, mobile communication, news apple, san francisco california, seven hours, stainless steel design, steve jobs, steve jobs apple, video playback