Apple offers apology for problems with iPhone 4July 5th, 2010 - 7:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Cupertino, July 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Apple has officially apologized to its customers for the persistent signal problems of its newly released iPhone 4.
The company, which prides itself on its product’s design, however got the design of the phone’s antennas wrong. The metal antenna that surrounds the phone’s body has a problem and the Smartphone giant acknowledged that, when it apologized to its numerous customers on Friday.
The company acknowledged that the problem had existed in its previous iPhones but it has recently been noticed. The company said users often find the signal bars reduce unexpectedly. The company said it was so because the signal bars are not accurate enough.
The company says that it would issue a free software update to fix the phone’s current problem. The software would make the phone’s signal more stable. It said users who do not currently have the antenna problem could also upgrade their phones with the software, because it will make the signal more stable.
Competition in the Smartphone industry has grown considerably. It remains to be seen how Apple would handle the current glitch. This will definitely go a long way in determining if it will be able to keep its customer base or not.
- Consumer Reports says that it can't recommend iPhone 4 - Jul 13, 2010
- Did Apple exec Mark Papermaster leave the company because of 'antennagate'? - Aug 08, 2010
- Is Apple's iPhone 4 Apology Enough? - Jul 05, 2010
- Apple iPhone 4 Faces New Attack From RIM And Nokia - Jul 17, 2010
- Apple offers protective cases to disgruntled iPhone buyers - Jul 17, 2010
- Apple delays release of white iPhone 4 - Jul 24, 2010
- iPhone 4 Recall Not Likely, Say Experts - Jul 15, 2010
- Apple Starts Offering Free Cases For iPhone 4 - Jul 24, 2010
- Mark Papermaster Becomes Latest Victim Of iPhone 4 - Aug 08, 2010
- Steve Jobs Tries To Defend iPhone 4 At Apple Press Conference - Jul 17, 2010
- Apple says 'stunned' to find mistake that caused signal complaints, will release fix - Jul 02, 2010
- Apple denies claims Siri is anti-abortion - Dec 03, 2011
- Apple working on less expensive iPhones - Feb 14, 2011
- iPhone Alarm Glitch Makes Users Irate - Jan 04, 2011
- Whoopi Goldberg smashes her iPhone 4 because of its technical problems - Jul 19, 2010