Apple iPad Comes With Phone FunctionalityJanuary 28th, 2010 - 8:11 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Whenever Apple launches a new gadget in the market, it is followed by mass hysteria and the responses to iPod or iPhone bears testimony to this fact. After much speculation, the company has unveiled its latest gadget named the iPad in the market. On the surface it is an Internet tablet that doubles up as an eBook reader that operates on Touchscreen controls. However, the iPad is no ordinary Internet tablet by any means. In fact it is much more versatile than most of the competing devices, as the CEO of Apple Steve Jobs claims. According to his opinion, the device will make communicating between mobile devices and computers easier than ever before. In fact he claims that the iPad will outperform present generation Smartphone and entry level netbooks after its commercial launch.
The similarities of the iPad with Apple’s iPhone are obvious and it runs on the identical OS. Therefore, developing applications for the device will be easy for the Apple programmers. What may make the Apple fanatics even more excited is the fact that the iPad also offers phone functionality. It has a micro-SIM slot and the device will be sold unlocked for the convenience of the customers. However, the iPad is not likely to pose a threat to iPhone as it is not meant to be a standalone phone.
AT&T has unlimited data plans for iPad at a rental of $29.99 a month. However, it is too early to predict how much successful iPad will be. It will be available commercially within 2 months as Apple says. Much of its success will depend on its ability to multitask and the lack of a speedy Intel CPU poses a question.
- BlackPad: Can It Be The iPad Killer? - Sep 22, 2010
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
- Can Samsung Galaxy Tab Dethrone iPad? - Aug 29, 2010
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Apple iPad will take time to hit Indian market - Apr 04, 2010
- HP Slate: Good For Corporate Users, But This Is No iPad Killer! - Oct 23, 2010
- iPad To Dominate Market For Next Two Years Experts Say - Aug 29, 2010
- Microsoft Slate Coming By Christmas This Year - Oct 06, 2010
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- Samsung has not infringed Apple's key patent: Tokyo court - Aug 31, 2012
- Apple's iPad named 'Gadget of the Year' - Oct 12, 2010
- Apple Profits Soar From Strong iMac And iPad Sales - Jul 21, 2010
- Dell Streak Coming To Europe First, USA In Queue - May 25, 2010
Tags: apple ipad, ceo of apple, ebook reader, functionality, intel cpu, iphone, jan 28, latest gadget, launch, mass hysteria, micro sim, mobile devices, multitask, netbooks, programmers, ranjan, sim slot, smartphone, speculation, steve jobs