Apple criticized for poor environmental & work safety standards in ChinaJanuary 21st, 2011 - 9:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Jan 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Chinese Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs (IPE) has accused Apple of environmental malpractices in the country.
Apple’s subsidiary in China is accused of causing environmental pollution with their practices. The accusations were contained in a report that the IPE released.
The report is a 26-page document that ranks Apple last on the list of multinational technology companies in China. Other companies like Vodafone, Toshiba, Samsung, Hitachi, Sharp, HP, BT and others are all part of the 29 multinationals that were ranked.
Apple was the highly criticized company. The report which was titled “The Other Side Of Apple” seriously bashed the tech company. Among the accusations that the report made was the level of suicides in Apple’s affiliate companies, poisoning of Apple workers, humiliation of female workers and several other things.
LG, Sony, SingTel, Nokia and Ericsson were also criticized for improper environmental conduct.
Apple has expressed doubt about the claims of the report. The company revealed that it rigorously monitors its affiliates. Aside the monitoring, the company’s response to Reuters claims that timely auditing and investigation of claims will make the claims in the IPE report highly unlikely.
- Apple Disparaged By China's Environmental Coalition, IPE, For Poor Standards Of Work Safety In Its Suppliers In China - Jan 21, 2011
- Smartphone makers try to outdo each other at MWC - Feb 27, 2012
- Apple Blamed For Poor Environmental Work Safety - Jan 21, 2011
- Apple criticized for the state of its Chinese factories - Jan 27, 2012
- Tech companies going eco-friendly with products - Oct 25, 2010
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
- Rumor has it that iPhone 5 is going to have a 4-inch display - May 21, 2012
- Apple launches probe into unsafe factory conditions in China - Jan 27, 2012
- (VM) Toshiba to expand elevator business in India - Feb 19, 2012
- Workers in China's Apple factories forced to sign 'no suicide' pledge - May 02, 2011
- Microsoft And HP Joining Hands To Combat iPad - Jul 23, 2010
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- HP Touchpad on sale for just $99 and its already out of stock in many shops - Aug 22, 2011
- Hackers post false updates about Syria on Reuters Twitter account - Aug 06, 2012
- BlackBerry knocked out of Top-5 sellers by China' ZTE - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: accusations, affiliate companies, china new york, chinese institute, country apple, environmental affairs, environmental pollution, environmental work, humiliation, jan 21, malpractices, multinationals, page document, reuters, safety standards, singtel, suicides, technology companies, vodafone, work safety