Apple CEO Attacks Rivals At Quarterly Earning CallOctober 19th, 2010 - 7:39 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Steve Jobs - the CEO of Apple made a surprise appearance on the quarterly Earning call of his company and lashed out at rivals like RIM and Google. The company has posted a revenue of whopping $20.34 billion while the net quarterly profit is $4.31 billion. The company has sold 3.89 million Macs during the quarter. The sales of iPod was estimated at over 9 million and that of iPhone was 14.1 million. The Mac and iPhone sales were over the expectation but the sales of iPod is taking a backseat. iPad the flagship Internet tablet of Apple is selling well and the reports show that over 4.19 million iPads were sold in the last quarter of 2010.
The Apple executives told the media and analysts that the iPhone has been well accepted by the corporate customers the criticisms notwithstanding. The growth in iPhone sales in the corporate sector has turned out to be exceptional according to them. Peter Oppenheimer the Apple Chief Financial Officer echoed this view. Steve Jobs stole the show at the Quarterly call and he attacked both Google and RIM, the BlackBerry maker ruthlessly. He said that RIM is no match for Apple in the smart phone section and the App Store is far ahead of Android he claimed. The CEO also mocked at the rivals who are coming up with their versions of Internet tablets saying these devices are no match for the iPad.
Samsung and RIM are coming up with their Internet tablets but Steve Jobs said they would not affect the sales and popularity of iPhone. The next event of Apple is going to take place tomorrow at its headquarters at Cupertino in California.
- Apple sells every iPad made, profits zoom up 125 percent (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Apple sells every iPad, profits jump 125 percent - Jul 20, 2011
- Apple Profits Soar From Strong iMac And iPad Sales - Jul 21, 2010
- Apple boss declares victory over BlackBerry - Oct 19, 2010
- Apple reports record quarterly revenue, earnings - Jan 25, 2012
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012
- Jobs turns loser Apple into a big winner - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- BlackBerry to sell tablet below $500 to undercut iPad sales - Nov 11, 2010
- World says iGrieve as Steve Jobs passes away - Oct 06, 2011
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Apple's iCloud fetches deals with major record labels - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: android, apple ceo, apple executives, backseat, ceo of apple, corporate customers, corporate sector, cupertino in california, google, internet tablets, ipad, ipads, iphone, peter oppenheimer, place tomorrow, quarterly profit, ranjan, smart phone, steve jobs, surprise appearance