Amazon’s new venture in Electronics apart from its USP KindleSeptember 21st, 2009 - 3:48 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Seattle, Sep 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Merchandise Retailers rejoice and middle-men beware! Amazon has designs on you!
Amazon already has a line of products that includes patio furniture to chopping blocks which was originally launched way back in 2004. Amazon is best known in the electronic product line for its magnificent invention – the Kindle.
Kindle at $299 is in the high price range, so perhaps to tap into the lower price range market, they have come out with a new range in electronics but the great part is that, it deals in relative inexpensive products like audio-video cables and DVDs which have been designed in-house by them.
Their focus right now is in eliminating the retailers and middle-men whose commissions jack up the low basic prices of commodities into exorbitant costs. But at the same time, on the Amazon portal, a lot of electronic companies have their products for sale which fall in the same league as Amazon’s new line of business, apart from its unique product the revolutionary kindle.
Competition is fierce for Amazon as it has a lot of third party sellers on its portal selling the same stuff as the one Amazon has just started manufacturing. However the sellers themselves aren’t that perturbed.
“I don’t see this as a step purposely trying to alienate their third party sellers,” said Jack Sheng (CEO of one of Amazon’s clients). “Amazon’s focus remains the same—create value for the buyers. That was the original thought of developing a third party program, to provide more selection to their customers.”
Merchants who can’t compete, he said, have “got to work harder to create value.”
- Amazon sells over 4 mn Kindle devices in December - Dec 30, 2011
- Kindle best-selling gadget in Britain, US - Jan 01, 2011
- Harry Potter eBooks come to Amazon Kindle library - May 11, 2012
- Amazon sells over one mn Kindles per week - Dec 16, 2011
- Amazon unveils new-generation Kindle - Jul 29, 2010
- Book downloads overtake print sales - Aug 06, 2012
- Amazon to launch a retail store - Feb 07, 2012
- Amazon bows to Macmillan's decision to hike e-books price - Feb 02, 2010
- Now, Amazon's Kindle to display ads while browsing novels - Apr 18, 2011
- Amazon profits surge 69 percent with book reader's success - Oct 23, 2009
- Cyber Monday Unveils Bonanza For Gaming Addicts - Nov 30, 2010
- Amazon introduces new Kindle e-reader, HD tablet - Sep 07, 2012
- Amazon sells 3.9 mn tablets in Q4 2011 - Feb 17, 2012
- Amazon Kindle's e-books are more expensive than their hardcover editions - Oct 05, 2010
- 'Amazon to give away Kindle readers to thwart iPad threat' - Feb 13, 2010
Tags: amazon, audio video cables, ceo, chopping blocks, commissions, commodities, dvds, electronic companies, electronic product, exorbitant costs, invention, line of business, merchandise retailers, merchants, middle men, patio furniture, seattle, third party, usp