Zulqarnain Haider will be a great asset for inconsistent Pak team: Moin KhanAugust 12th, 2010 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Aug 12(ANI): Former Pakistan skipper Moin Khan believes that newly inducted wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider will be a great asset for the national team.
Haider got a chance to make his Test debut in the second Test against England following regular wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal’s continuous shoddy show behind the wicket.
Though he was out for a first ball duck in the first innings, he gave a tremendous exhibition of batting skills in the second innings, scoring 88 runs from 200 balls.
“His performance augurs well for a team suffering at present due to inconsistency,” The Dawn quoted Moin, as saying.
He said that the young wicketkeeper showed great ability under pressure both behind the wickets and with the bat, and should serve as an example for his teammates who seem to be unsure of their game.
Moin further acknowledged that technically Haider was very good, but he still needed some improvements.
“I hope he will learn with the passage of time,” he added.
Haider, who made his debut for Pakistan in a Twenty20 match against South Africa in 2007, was preferred over Sarfraz Ahmed, Akmal’s replacement in Australia, for the long tour of England.
The Pakistan team will now take on Worcestershire in a two-day warm-up match before the third Test begins at The Oval from August 18. (ANI)
- Injured Zulqarnain Haider likely to be sent back home from England tour - Aug 16, 2010
- Kamran's replacement Salman aims to justify his selection in Pak team for Windies tour - Apr 08, 2011
- Umar dons gloves in Pak squad's training session as Kamran looks on - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan wicket-keeper Zulqarnain goes missing in Dubai - Nov 08, 2010
- Akmal hopeful of regaining form with bat - Aug 25, 2010
- Kamran denies Zulqarnain's 'match fixer' allegations against father-in-law - Apr 26, 2011
- Pakistan include Akmal in probables for Twenty20 World Cup - Feb 26, 2010
- Haider's success in debut Edgbaston Test comes amid private pain - Aug 09, 2010
- Zulqarnain Haider reveals 'suspicious' incident involving Butt, Amir in domestic cricket - Nov 15, 2010
- Malik axed from Pakistan's Asia Cup side; Jamshed, Sarfraz recalled - Mar 03, 2012
- Pakistan drop Razzaq, Kamran from ODIs, T20 side - Apr 06, 2011
- Getting dropped helped banish wicket-keeping blues: Kamran Akmal - Aug 24, 2010
- Pakistan's run-away wicketkeeper Zulqarnain plans to go home - Apr 18, 2011
- Adnan Akmal to replace Zulqarnain for Tests against South Africa - Nov 09, 2010
- "I have lost desire to play Tests": Afridi - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: akmal, dawn, exhibition, haider, inconsistency, islamabad, moin khan, pak team, pakistan team, passage of time, sarfraz ahmed, second test, skipper, south africa, teammates, test debut, third test, warm up match, wicket, wickets