Zimbabwe team to take part in Deodhar and Duleep TrophyJanuary 24th, 2009 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 24 (IANS) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has invited the Zimbabwe President’s XI to play in the limited overs Deodhar Trophy cricket along with the five zonal home teams.The move comes after Zimbabwe Cricket Union’s (ZCU) chairman Peter Chingoka met BCCI president Shashank Manohar and secretary N. Srinivasan here Friday to discuss how the Indian board can help in the development of Zimbabwe cricket.
For younger players to get more exposure, the BCCI invited the Zimbabwe President’s XI for the Deodhar Trophy this season and in Duleep Trophy from the 2009-10. A team from Zimbabwe will also participate in the Buchi Babu tournament later this year.
The BCCI also decided to help ZCU in extending the facilities at its National Cricket Academy in Harare.
- Zimbabwe to play three Tests at home after five years - Feb 24, 2011
- ICC turns down BCCI's request; Eden's replacement by Jan 31 - Jan 29, 2011
- BCCI chief, secretary to frame plans to arrest India's slide - Aug 15, 2011
- BCCI ropes in ex-president Manohar to solve Sahara crisis - Feb 14, 2012
- BCCI didn't bend rules for Sahara: IPL chief - Feb 16, 2012
- Ganguly-led technical committee calls for Ranji overhaul - Jun 12, 2012
- We are opposed to players' retention policy: Subrata Roy - Feb 16, 2012
- BCCI to initiate legal action against Modi: Manohar (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- IPL play-offs' proceeds to be distributed among former cricketers - Apr 03, 2012
- UDRS not reliable, reiterates Indian cricket board - Jun 18, 2011
- No one can doubt my integrity, says Srinivasan - May 26, 2010
- Pakistan's domestic T20 winners to play in Champions League: BCCI - May 12, 2012
- Positive outcome on Sahara by this week: IPL chief - Feb 15, 2012
- Dhoni's hometown gets stadium - Jul 05, 2010
- BCCI's new chief denies any conflict of interest - Sep 20, 2011