Zambian striker Kangwa’s move to South Africa collapsesFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lusaka, Feb 23 (IANS) Zambian striker Evans Kangwa’s move to South Africa Premier Football League champions Orlando Piragtes has collapsed.
Kangwa’s local club Nkana has confirmed that the South African team, which had expressed interest in the player after his splendid performance during a regional youth tournament in Botswana last year, “has gone quiet over their interest”.
“Kangwa is not going there because when we got back to them over their interest in the boy, they did not come back to us. So as far as we are concerned, he will stay and is not going anywhere,” the team’s chairperson Patrick Njobvu was quoted as saying by the the Post of Zambia Thursday.
The 19-year-old player won the interests of Pirates after his impressive performance during the 2011 Cosafa Youth Championship in Botswana where he inspired the Zambian team to retain the title.
The player was also voted player of the tournament and won the golden boot after scoring seven goals. He was also a non-playing member of the victorious team at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations title co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.
- Euphoria engulfs Zambia after AFCON triumph - Feb 13, 2012
- Zambia moves to fourth position in African football - Feb 16, 2012
- Zambia yet to receive money for winning 2012 Africa Cup - Mar 15, 2012
- Ghana disappointed at semi-final loss in African Cup soccer - Feb 09, 2012
- Ghana to provide bonuses for African Cup title - Jan 11, 2012
- Zambia not afraid of Senegal striker Demba Ba - Jan 06, 2012
- Ghana names Maxwell Konadu as assistant coach - May 04, 2012
- Ghana president backs soccer team to fight back - Feb 17, 2012
- QPR eyes Zambia's Emmanuel Mayuka - Aug 22, 2012
- Ghana football association dismisses player gambling rumour - Feb 18, 2012
- Zambian soccer players warned against indiscipline - Feb 03, 2012
- Ghana sacks Serbian football coach - Mar 20, 2012
- Angola to train in Brazil for Cup of African Nations - Dec 18, 2011
- Zambia u-turn on football friendly with Gabon - Feb 22, 2012
- Ghana announce squad for 2014 World Cup qualifiers - May 19, 2012
Tags: africa cup of nations, chairperson, cosafa, equatorial guinea, football league, gabon, golden boot, impressive performance, league champions, local club, lusaka, nations title co, pirates, post of zambia, regional youth, south africa, splendid performance, striker, victorious team