Yuvraj Singh gifted Audi Q5 for his stellar World Cup showApril 14th, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 14 (IANS) The spate of gifts for the victorious Indian World Cup cricket team continues. As promised, German car major Audi Thursday presented a brand new Audi Q5 to Yuvraj Singh for his performance in the recently concluded mega event.Former Indian cricketer Ravi Shastri and Audi India chief Micheal Perschke presented the keys to the car, considered among the sportiest and most elegant SUV in its class.
“I would like to congratulate Yuvraj on being declared the Man of the Tournament at the World Cup 2011. His performance on the cricket field has made us all proud,” said Perschke.
Perschke said that it was cricket which first brought Audi to India as an Audi 100 was gifted to Shastri for his winning performance at the World Cricket Championship in Australia in 1985, where he was declared the Champion of Champions.
On his part, Yuvraj said he was happy to be presented with the swanky car.
“It is after 28 years India brings the World Cup home. It is an honour to be chosen and felicitated by Audi as they continue their tradition,” Singh.
Audi, with its four rings on the grille, has had a deep-rooted relationship with cricket over the years.
The memory of the 1985 Indian team’s victory lap in the Audi 100 continues to live on in the minds of Indian cricket fans even today.
“My association with the iconic brand Audi began 26 years ago, when I brought home the country’s first ever Audi. I am happy to see Audi India take this tradition forward and continue to recognise the achievement of champions in the cricketing field,” said Shastri.
He added that Yuvraj, with his versatility, consistency, talent and thirst for excellence, has set new benchmarks in the cricketing world.
Indo-Asian News Service
- Audi launches new A4 model (With Image) - May 03, 2012
- Audi's January sales zoom 57 percent - Feb 04, 2011
- Audi launches luxury sports utility vehicle - Jun 06, 2012
- Audi's Q4 sales up 107 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Car manufacturer Audi opens showroom in Mumbai - Sep 08, 2010
- 'Bodyguard' Salman gifted Audi Q7 - Dec 07, 2011
- Audi Q5's diesel variant launched - Mar 28, 2011
- Pakistan showed big hearts by dropping catches: Yuvraj (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Audi's half-yearly sales up 100 percent - Jul 05, 2011
- Audi India's annual sales up 81 percent - Jan 10, 2011
- Indian cricketers enjoy greater brand value post World Cup win - Apr 09, 2011
- Audi launches the new A6 sedan - Aug 03, 2011
- Audi launches upgraded Q7 quattro - Sep 29, 2010
- Indian cricketers may have to share goodies with taxman - Apr 10, 2011
- Audi's September sales zoom 47 percent - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: 28 years, asian news, audi 100, audi q5, champion of champions, cricket championship, cricket fans, cricket field, cricket team, german car, indian cricket, indian cricketer, keys to the car, new audi, ravi shastri, spate, victory lap, world cricket, world cup cricket, yuvraj singh