Yuvraj makes memorable comeback (Lead)August 10th, 2012 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 10 (IANS) Yuvraj Singh was Friday included in India’s 15-man squad for the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka next month, marking a memorable return to cricket after overcoming cancer.
The southpaw’s selection for the tournament was expected after he was included in the preliminary squad of 30 members last month. Yuvraj last played for India in November 2011.
Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was also recalled to the national side after a one-year gap, alongside speedster Laxmipathy Balaji, whose last international game was way back in 2009. Another player who got the selectors’ nod was leggie Piyush Chawla, who last played for India in the 2011 ODI World Cup.
The same squad will also play two T-20 Internationals against New Zealand at home.
Team: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Laxmipathy Balaji, Ashok Dinda, Rohit Sharma, Piyush Chawla, Harbhajan Singh, Manoj Tiwary.
- Yuvraj returns for T20 World Cup, Harbhajan recalled (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Yuvraj centre of attraction at Vizag T20 (Preview) - Sep 07, 2012
- Weather again in Yuvraj's way (Preview) - Sep 10, 2012
- Yuvraj included in World T20 preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- Selectors announce 15-member India squad for World Cup - Jan 17, 2011
- Riding on spinners, India warm-up with 38-run win over Australia (Lead) - Feb 13, 2011
- India opt to field against New Zealand - Sep 11, 2012
- Board's Grade A contract for Yuvraj, Ishant and Virat - Oct 29, 2011
- Rohit out, Chawla in: No other surprises in World Cup squad (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Nine IPL teams: Who will win? - Apr 03, 2012
- Selectors pick three spinners for India's World Cup squad (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- ICC confirms squads for World Twenty20 - Aug 25, 2012
- Team India leaves for Bangladesh for World Cup opening ceremony - Feb 17, 2011
- India eyes first-ever ODI series win in South Africa - Jan 20, 2011
- Sehwag rested, Sachin retained in India's squad for Asia Cup - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: ashwin, dhoni, dinda, gautam gambhir, harbhajan singh, international game, irfan pathan, kohli, laxmipathy balaji, man squad, manoj tiwary, memorable comeback, memorable return, ravichandran, rohit sharma, suresh raina, twenty20 world cup, virender sehwag, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan