Yuvraj eyes a comeback at T20 World CupJune 20th, 2012 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 20 (IANS) Indian cricketer Yuvraj is in no mood to rush his comeback into the national side after undergoing cancer treatment. However, he hopes to be fit for the Twenty20 World Cup in September.
The all-rounder, speaking at ICC Cricket 360° show, didn’t want to commit to when he anticipated a return to the cricket field.
“Well, I can’t really give a timeframe but I have to see how my body is recovering and how fast I can come on the field. Actually, I don’t want to rush and I don’t want to come back at 75 percent fitness. I might take six months, I might take two months. So I don’t know. But the day I feel 100 hundred percent, I surely will be back,” he said.
“Playing for India is going to be a huge challenge for me because the body has been under a lot of shock which nobody can understand except me. Only a cancer patient can understand what he is going through. So, it is going to be a big challenge for me to come back and play for India again,” said the 30-year-old, who returned in April after undergoing chemotherapy in the US.
Yuvraj, who is perhaps best remembered for his astonishing six sixes off one Stuart Broad over at the ICC World Twenty20 Cup in South Africa in 2007, did hint that he may be available for selection for the next edition of the event in Sri Lanka and believes he can help his country capture the title.
“I think (the) favourites are India because we have got the biggest hitters - biggest hitters in town. Hopefully, I should be back by then. I am not saying I am the reason, it is just that I feel we have the strongest side and if we can sort out our bowling out in T20, I am sure we can be a strong unit,” he said.
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Lance Armstrong still remains my hero, says Yuvraj - Aug 29, 2012
- Yuvraj eyes return against Kiwis before T20 World Cup - Jul 07, 2012
- Yuvraj uncertain about future but determined to play again (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- I can't wait to step on the field: Yuvraj Singh - Sep 05, 2012
- Ganguly apprehensive about Yuvraj's comeback - Aug 28, 2012
- Yuvraj will be fight it out, says father (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Fit again Yuvraj back home after battling cancer (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Biggest day since World Cup final: Yuvraj - Sep 08, 2012
- Smith credits daughter for resurgence - Apr 01, 2012
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- We want Yuvraj in T20 World Cup: Srikkanth - Jul 05, 2012
- Yuvraj back home after three months - Apr 09, 2012
- Good team won us World Cup, not just captaincy: Sehwag - Jul 06, 2012
- I only thought of saving my life: Yuvraj Singh - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,