Yuvraj blames himself for delaying treatmentFebruary 8th, 2012 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) India’s star cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who is undergoing chemotherapy in the US for a malignant tumour in his lung, blamed himself for the delaying his treatment and said he was recovering well and would soon be back on the field.
“I see few people trying to blame my guruji for delay and bcci! Again wrong it was my decision! The president and the members of bcci have bin a huge support in my tough times and because of them I’m getting the best treatment! Thank you again bcci,” Yuvraj posted on his Twitter page.
Yuvraj admitted that it has been tough for him but hoped to fight it out.
“I’m recovering well yes its tough but tough times don’t last tough men do! I will fight and come back as a stronger man cause I have the prayers of my nation,” he added.
Yuvraj said that he was looking forward to play cricket soon. “and of course everyday I look forward to come back and wear my india jersey my india cap and represent my country again jai hind,” he wrote.
He also thanked Indian Premier League (IPL) team Pune Warriors owner Subroto Roy for his support.
“Thank you sahara shree for his support and thinking bout me as his family!”
Yuvraj also came out in defence of his physiotherapist Jatin Chaudhary, who had revealed the cricketer’s illness.
“I see a lot of peopl blaming jatin chaudhary but he is at no fault he only tried to help it was my decision to go with alternative medicine,” the 30-year-old batsman wrote.
The 30-year-old said he was eagerly looking forward to meeting Tour-de-France champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, who had survived testicular cancer.
“I look forward to meet lance armstrong soon and take inspiration,” he wrote.
Yuvraj also asked everybody to respect his privacy and thanked his fans and media for their wishes.
“Thank you again to all my friends back home! Thank you to the media for there support and respecting my privacy,” he wrote.
“Thank you to (sports minster) ajay maken! mr omar abdullah and mr narendra modi for there kind words!”
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj will be fight it out, says father (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Yuvraj will emerge stronger: Father - Feb 06, 2012
- Fit again Yuvraj back home after battling cancer (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj says he is getting better - Feb 16, 2012
- Lance Armstrong still remains my hero, says Yuvraj - Aug 29, 2012
- Yuvraj says his treatment nearing completion - Mar 13, 2012
- Yuvraj uncertain about future but determined to play again (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- I only thought of saving my life: Yuvraj Singh - Sep 05, 2012
- Yuvraj feeling 'weak' after second round of chemotherapy - Mar 01, 2012
- Government will help Yuvraj: Sports minister - Feb 06, 2012
- Get-well wishes pour in for Yuvraj - Feb 05, 2012
- Wade beat cancer to become top Australia keeper - Feb 25, 2012
- Yuvraj has malignant tumour, being treated in the US - Feb 05, 2012
Tags: alternative medicine, batsman, champion cyclist, cricketer, cyclist lance armstrong, france champion, guruji, ipl, jai, lance armstrong, malignant tumour, man cause, physiotherapist, pune, stronger man, subroto roy, testicular cancer, tough times, tour de france, yuvraj singh