Yuvraj back home after three monthsApril 9th, 2012 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) India’s star batsman Yuvraj Singh returned home Monday morning after undergoing treatment for rare germ cell cancer in the United States.
Yuvraj returned home along with his mother Shabnam from London, where he was resting for some time after undergoing treatment for three months at the Boston Institute of Cancer Research.
“Finally the day has come ! i am going home tomorrow ! cant wait , excited to see my friends and family ..see you india!! mera bharat mahan!” Yuvraj had tweeted on Sunday.
Yuvraj posed with his mother Shabnam for shutterbugs as a huge crowd gathered at the Indira Gandhi International Airport to have a glimpse of India’s 2011 World Cup hero. Yuvraj then left for his residence in Gurgaon.
“Yuvraj is fine. He has fought a long innings against cancer. We are grateful to his fans for their support and wishes,” said Shabnam.
Yuvraj’s father, Yograj Singh told television channels that his son was fine and hoped to see him back on the cricket field soon.
“Yuvi has fought a battle very difficult to cope up with. He’s very strong… He’s come back hail and hearty and that is a beautiful moment for me,” he said.
Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar visited Yuvraj in London last week while former India captain Anil Kumble had flown to the US to meet the star cricketer when he was undergoing chemotherapy.
- Fit again Yuvraj back home after battling cancer (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj will be fight it out, says father (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvraj to return home Monday - Apr 08, 2012
- Yuvraj will emerge stronger: Father - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvi returns in blaze of flashlights - and good wishes - Apr 09, 2012
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Yuvraj uncertain about future but determined to play again (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Punjab offers land to Yuvraj for sports academy - May 02, 2012
- Yuvraj Singh released from hospital - Mar 20, 2012
- Sachin has always inspired me: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Yuvraj cheers for Pune Warriors - Apr 27, 2012
- Pietersen pays Yuvraj a visit - Apr 12, 2012
- Cricketing world wishes Yuvraj - Sep 08, 2012
- I only thought of saving my life: Yuvraj Singh - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: Anil Kumble, beautiful moment, boston institute, cancer in the united states, cancer research, cricket field, cricketer, germ cell cancer, going home tomorrow, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, mera bharat mahan, sachin tendulkar, shabnam, shutterbugs, star batsman, television channels, undergoing treatment, world cup hero, yuvraj singh