Yushin Okami Beats Nate Marquardt In UFC 122November 14th, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oberhausen, Nov 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Yushin Okami Vs Nate Marquardt was a great reason for the Japanese fighter’s fans to celebrate, as he emerged victorious in yesterday’s match of UFC 122. Yushin Okami is going to be the next challenger for UFC middleweight championship.
The fight was quite thunderous yesterday and Yushin Okami was at his best. He has the best record of going 10-2 inside the Octagon. He played quite safe against his opponent, making full use of his strong points. He performed like a complete mixed martial artist. Nate Marquardt, who is also a very competent fighter, was rather disappointing yesterday. He was unable to make any significant offensive strike and most of it was dominated by counter strikes with a defensive approach. Yushin Okami had an unanimous decision win, with a score of 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28. The Japanese fighter apparently showed the best work on ground in the two opening rounds which led to his win. It made his opponent so tired by the third round, that he could not assess how to get inside in order to land punches. Every one was sure about the result before final round, as there was very little hope left for Nate Marquardt.
Although Yushin Okami is not one of the highly rated UFC fighters, his victory was well deserved. He is all set to fight against Anderson Silva, for the supreme champion of the UFC middleweight division. Some people think, that with a performance like this it would not be much difficult for him to win the title against Anderson Silva or Vitor Belfort. After the match, the champion said that his opponent was a great fighter and he had great time during the match.
- Anderson Silva Beats Vitor Belfort In Round 1 - Feb 06, 2011
- UFC 122 Fight Results Announced - Nov 14, 2010
- Anderson Silva Defends UFC Middleweight Title By Vanquishing Vitor Belfort - Feb 07, 2011
- UFC 126 Fight Card Results Announced - Feb 06, 2011
- Demian Maia Gets The First Blow Of His Career - Aug 30, 2009
- Forrest Griffin Thrashes Rich Franklin In UFC 126 - Feb 06, 2011
- Anderson Silva Wins Over Chael Sonnen In A Dramatic UFC 117 Fight - Aug 09, 2010
- UFC 124 Fight Yielded Exciting Results - Dec 12, 2010
- UFC 117 Post Fight Press Conference Announces Fight Bonuses - Aug 09, 2010
- Anderson Silva Beats Demian Maia At UFC - Apr 11, 2010
- Brandon Vera's Nose Broken By Thiago Silva - Jan 03, 2011
- Anderson Silva Continues To Reign With Win Over Chael Sonnen - Aug 08, 2010
- Highlights Of The UFC Press Conference Of July 31 - Aug 01, 2009
- Wanderlei Silva Defeats Michael Bisping In UFC 110 - Feb 21, 2010
- Michael Bisping Wins Over Dan Miller - May 30, 2010
Tags: anderson silva, belfort, challenger, counter strikes, defensive approach, japanese fighter, kar, little hope, martial artist, middleweight championship, nate marquardt, oberhausen, octagon, okami, punches, strong points, supreme champion, ufc, unanimous decision, yushin okami