Yuki will have to play a lot to go up, says Ramesh KrishnanFebruary 6th, 2009 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 6 (IANS) Former Davis Cupper Ramesh Krishnan put Junior Australian Open champion Yuki Bhambri’s future in perspective, saying that the youngster has to play a lot of matches to make a mark in men’s tennis. “Yuki has done quite well for himself by winning the Orange Bowl and the Australian Open,” Ramesh said at a function to felicitate Yuki by his sponsors Adiddas Friday.
“I feel he just needs to strike a balance between the juniors and the men’s circuits. It has to be a trial and error method. It is for Yuki to decide what works best for him. The key is to play a lot of matches interspersed with proper rest.
“I am sure one day like his sisters who are representing the country in the Fed Cup, Yuki will play in the Davis Cup,” he said.
Ramesh, the winner of Junior Grand Slam titles at French Open and Wimbledon, said it is important for Yuki to keep up with his fellow tennis players.
“Yuki is in the top draw now. When he will graduate to the men’s tour, he will need to keep the pace with other players. It is important to keep developing one’s game and learn things quick,” said Ramesh.
Yuki,16, is confident that he will be able to make a smooth transition. He gives himself five years to get into the top rungs of the men’s tour.
“I am working on my fitness and I am aware that I need to add more strength. I have hired a nutritionist to help me,” Yuki said.
“Besides, I have a great coach with me in Aditya Sachdeva with whom I have been associated for six years. I have a great management company IMG to support, besides the government and the All India Tennis Association (AITA).”
- Mahesh Bhupathi opts out of Davis Cup tie - Mar 06, 2012
- Paes' Olympic partner hangs fire - Jan 01, 2012
- Four Indians for Junior Australian Open - Jan 20, 2012
- National Tennis: Vishnu, Yuki breeze into semis - Oct 13, 2011
- Top Indians for ITF event - Jun 03, 2012
- Maken retreats; AITA, Bhupathi back to square one (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- Yuki Bhambri felicitated by tennis body, given cash award - Feb 08, 2009
- It's for AITA to pick the Olympic team, says Maken (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Paes serves a threat, AITA defers Olympics selection (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2012
- Bhupathi-Bopanna dropped from Davis Cup team - Aug 18, 2012
- Yuki, Vardhan ready for Olympics (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Paes felicitated for his 21 years in Davis Cup - Sep 19, 2010
- Brad Drewett new ATP chief - Dec 23, 2011
- Sania, Somdev get wild card; 7 Indians for Olympic tennis (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Davis Cup: Bhambri plays King-Turner, Vardhan vs. Statham - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: aita, australian open, australian open champion, cupper, davis cup, error method, fed cup, grand slam titles, great management, nutritionist, orange bowl, proper rest, ramesh krishnan, rungs, sachdeva, smooth transition, tennis association, tennis players, youngster, yuki bhambri