Youth Hockey Brawl gets violent in LativaAugust 13th, 2012 - 11:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Latvia, Aug 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The world hockey invitational tournament, which is touted to be the largest tournament in the world, is often held in Chicago every year. However, the organizers of the event decided that the tournament would be shifted to Latvia this year. The tournament took place in Latvia for the first time hence giving the under 10 through to under 16 to take part to get a once in a lifetime opportunity to play against international competition.
The under 16 team from Bauer select played the first of their 3 robin games. However, the game had not gone long before the locomotive took a decisive lead of 4-0. This led to an all out bench clearing brawl.
The brawl led to the match having 56 minute penalty time in the final two seconds of the game which include 10 minute misconducts. The brawl led to 7 players being handed a 20 minute game misconduct. This brawl was very nasty going by the number of penalties that was handed out in the game. However, in spite of all this, the tournament ended on Saturday with two teams in the final. These were: locomotive under 14 and the locomotive under 16. However, the two teams fell short of the expectations.
- Indian women miss bronze in four-nation meet (Lead, With corrections) - Apr 16, 2012
- Indian women settle for bronze in hockey - Apr 16, 2012
- Indian women's hockey team thrashed 2-5 by Australia - Apr 19, 2012
- Indian women finish seventh in Champions Challenge I hockey - Jun 26, 2011
- India beaten 1-2 by Spain in tri-nation meet - Jul 19, 2012
- Indian women's hockey team held 1-1 by US - Apr 13, 2012
- Men's hockey Olympic qualifier: Italy blank Singapore - Feb 24, 2012
- Hockey Olympic qualifier: Final can be tight, but India should win (Preview) - Feb 26, 2012
- India lose 1-2 to Germany in women's U-21 hockey - Nov 11, 2011
- Women's hockey Olympic qualifier: Italy finish third - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: bauer, bench, game misconduct, games, international competition, latvia, lifetime opportunity, locomotive, match, minute game, minute penalty, organizers, penalty time, spite, world hockey, youth hockey