Yousuf eyeing run-feast in possibly his last New Zealand, Australia toursOctober 27th, 2009 - 9:27 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Oct 27(ANI): Pakistani batsman Mohammad Yousuf has indicated that the tour of New Zealand and Australia might be his last trip to the region, and so was looking forward to score lots of runs in the upcoming series against them.
“I am 35 and have had a long career and this might be my last tour to New Zealand and Australia. So, I am keen to make a lot of runs against them this time,” The Daily Times quoted Yousuf, as saying.
Yousuf has been named in the ODI squad that will play against New Zealand in the United Arab Emirates. The Pakistan team will then fly out to New Zealand for a Test series and then to Australia in mid-December to play three Tests and five one-day internationals.
Yousuf said that it was a challenging time ahead for him, and reckons that if he were able to keep on going it would have a positive effect on the team.
“I definitely want to play in the next World Cup, but that will only happen if I remain fit and keep scoring runs and my fate is good,” Yousuf said.
He further believes that Australia was the team, which has been the biggest thorn in the flesh of Pakistan.
“My main regret during my long career is that we were not able to win a Test series in Australia although I even captained the team there in one Test when Inzamamul Haq was injured,” Yousuf said. (ANI)
- We are heading to the top, says Clarke - Jan 28, 2012
- Laxman declares international innings (Second lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Ponting concedes he has played his last ODI - Feb 21, 2012
- Clarke backs out-of-form trio - Nov 23, 2011
- Ishant hopes for a good show against New Zealand - Aug 20, 2012
- In-form Kohli says can't take his place for granted - Dec 14, 2010
- North hoping selectors see 'bigger picture' to allow him further test stint - Mar 08, 2010
- Laxman declares international innings (Third Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- India will find it tough in first two Tests: Akram - Dec 25, 2011
- Yousuf's decision to quit international cricket is an emotional one: Afridi - Mar 28, 2010
- Best innings of my career, says Kohli - Feb 28, 2012
- Ponting will look to score at home - Dec 08, 2011
- Desperate instant millionaire Taylor now seeking Test runs - Jan 11, 2011
- Ponting, Hussey to play against India on Boxing Day, says Arthur - Dec 13, 2011
- Good team won us World Cup, not just captaincy: Sehwag - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: australia tours, batsman, fate, feast, fly, haq, lahore, mohammad yousuf, new zealand australia, odi squad, pakistan team, play three, test series, thorn in the flesh, united arab emirates, world cup