Yousuf asks PCB to take own decisions, not toe BCCIs lineJanuary 14th, 2009 - 2:32 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan 14 (ANI): Former Pakistan Test batsman Mohammad Yousuf has slammed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for their subservience to the Indian Cricket Board, particularly in their ongoing policy of life bans on ICL players.
He has called on all cricket boards to resolve the issue and restore normalcy, especially in Pakistan, which has lost several cricketers to the ICL.
I just say the PCB should take its own independent decision. It should not toe the line of the Indians, the Daily Times quoted Yousuf, as saying.
What have they given us? They even refused to tour the country recently. There is no such ruling from the International Cricket Council (ICC) on ICL players. Tell me are we committing some crime going to play in the league? I say there is nothing to stop the board from lifting the ban on us if it wants to.
Yousuf, who joined the Indian Cricket League after being ignored for the national team on several occasions, said the BCCIs pressure was the only reason behind the PCBs insistence on banning ICL players.
There is no such ruling from the ICC on ICL players. Tell me are we committing a crime? There is nothing to stop the board from lifting the ban on us if it wants too. Javed Miandad is now director general and he should keep his word, he added. (ANI)
- Modi reveals how BCCI scuttled ICL - Jun 20, 2011
- Miandad wants tainted Pak trio to identify "bad elements in the game" - Feb 10, 2011
- Pakistan cricket board cannot take decision on ICL players: Ijaz Butt - Jan 05, 2009
- PCB wants ICC to be clear on ICL - Jan 29, 2009
- Pakistan should recall all ICL players, says Moin - Apr 20, 2009
- Pakistan to seek clarification on ICL from ICC - Jan 30, 2009
- Pakistan cricket board may waive 'cooling period' for ICL rebels - May 02, 2009
- PCB lifts suspension on national selector - Jun 29, 2011
- Now, Miandad questions rationale behind ban on ICL - Nov 22, 2008
- Spot-fixing case: Afridi will "stick" to his earlier statements at Doha hearing - Jan 04, 2011
- Yousuf appeals to Zardari for Pakistan recall - Feb 14, 2009
- Miandad all praise for Indian PM's cricket diplomacy for 'friendlier' Indo-Pak ties - Mar 30, 2011
- PCB in talks with two foreigners for Pak batting coach job: Butt - Apr 15, 2011
- Razzak accuses Ashraf of trying to destroy his career - Feb 22, 2010
- Pakistan skipper Younis backs off-form Yousuf - Aug 12, 2009
Tags: cricket boards, cricket league, cricketers, decisions, independent decision, indian cricket board, indians, insistence, international cricket council, life bans, miandad, mohammad yousuf, normalcy, occasions, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan test, pcbs, subservience, test batsman