Young Black Caps all rounder Williamson to debut against Australia in HamiltonMarch 24th, 2010 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 24 (ANI): New Zealand all rounder Kane Williamson (19) is all set to make his debut against Australia in the second Test in Hamilton.
Black Caps coach Mark Greatbatch said the all-rounder had been a stand out this season in domestic cricket and deserved an opportunity to be involved at a higher level.
Williamson is the only change to the team, which lost to Australia by 10 wickets in Wellington, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
“Kane is an exciting young player and has scored a lot of runs in our domestic competition. This is a good chance for him to be involved in the Black Caps environment. Along with Mathew Sinclair, he gives us various options and balances in the side,” Greatbatch said.
Mathew Sinclair also returns to the 13-man squad for the second test, which begins on Saturday.
The squad is: Daniel Vettori (Capt), Brent Arnel, Martin Guptill, Peter Ingram, Brendon McCullum, Tim McIntosh, Chris Martin, Jeetan Patel, Mathew Sinclair, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson. (ANI)
- Franklin joins New Zealand squad for Hamilton Test - Mar 25, 2010
- New Zealand names two uncapped players for India Tests - Oct 24, 2010
- New Zealand announces two new Test caps for India tour - Oct 24, 2010
- New Zealand opt to bat against India - Nov 12, 2010
- Kiwi pacer Arnel all set to debut against Australia - Mar 18, 2010
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- India look to extending Test cricket domination - Nov 03, 2010
- Martin gets 'surprise' New Zealand Cricket contract renewal - Jul 20, 2010
- Kiwi opener McIntosh wants to settle scores with India's Zak in Hyderabad - Nov 11, 2010
- Tuffey replaces injured McKay in New Zealand test squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Taylor named New Zealand captain for Sri Lanka tri-series - Jun 27, 2010
- Ryder named in New Zealand's preliminary squad for T20 World Cup - Mar 06, 2010
- NZC focus on workload as teams picked for Windies series - May 04, 2012
- Tea scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Second Test, Day 2 - Nov 13, 2010
Tags: arnel, black caps, brendon mccullum, chris martin, coach mark, daniel vettori, domestic competition, domestic cricket, good chance, greatbatch, guptill, jeetan patel, man squad, peter ingram, ross taylor, second test, sydney morning herald, tim mcintosh, watling, wickets