Yeddyurappa to be sworn-in as Karnataka CM todayMay 30th, 2008 - 9:14 am ICT by admin
Bangalore, May 30 (ANI): B.S. Yeddyurappa will be sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Karnataka here today.
The swearing-in ceremony will be held at 1.50 p.m. in the Vidhana Soudha.
Governor Rameshwar Thakur will administer oath of office and secrecy to the new Ministers.
A team of 15 to 20 members of the party is expected to take oath as Ministers along with Yeddyurappa, who will head the first-ever BJP Government in Karnataka.
Those expected to join the Yeddyurappa Ministry are Jagadish Shettar, K S Eshwarappa, Shobha Karandlaje, Govind Karjol, C M Udasi, B Sreeramulu, S A Ravindranath, Dr V S Acharya, Ramachandra Gowda, Shankaralinge Gowda, Ramdas, Lakshman Savadi, Vishwveshwara Hegde Kageri, R Ashok, S Suresh Kumar, Yogish Bhat and Krishnaiah Shetty.
BJP President Rajnath Singh, L K Advani, Arun Jaitley, Venkaiah Naidu, Sushma Swaraj and others are expected to attend the ceremony.
Initially, the swearing-in ceremony was scheduled for Thursday. But the date was rescheduled as the Central Government took its time to revoke Presidents rule in the state.
The Union Cabinet met at short notice on Tuesday and decided to request the President to revoke Central rule in Karnataka, to pave the way for the formation of the new government.
The proclamation of imposing President’s rule in Karnataka was issued on November 20, 2007.
The BJP, which won 110 seats out of 224 and fell short by three numbers for simple majority, claims to have the support of some independents.
Meanwhile, the Congress Legislature Party has elected Mallikarjuna Kharge the President of the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee, as leader of the Opposition. (ANI)
- Row holds up full Karnataka ministry formation, 21 join (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- President revokes Governor's rule in Karnataka - May 30, 2008
- Karnataka gets cabinet; ex-minister jailed, Yeddyurappa, Kumaraswamy summoned (Night Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Gowda becomes Karantaka chief minister, opponents boycott ceremony (Night Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Shettar to take oath as Karnataka CM Thursday, power struggle continues (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Second lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Leadership tussle in Karnataka leaves CM embarrassed - Jun 28, 2012
- Gowda woos Shettar faction before swearing-in - Aug 04, 2011
- Yeddyurappa to head 30 member BJP ministry (Update) - May 30, 2008
- Gowda is Karnataka chief minister, opponents boycott swearing-in (Second Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Yeddyurappa, Kumaraswamy now fight over fast venue - Jul 04, 2011
- Eight Yeddyurappa loyalists quit Karnataka ministry (Second Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka CM, promises graft-free regime (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka CM, promises graft-free regime (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: arun jaitley, bjp government, bjp president, chief minister of karnataka, congress committee, congress legislature party, l k advsuresh kumar, lakshman, leader of the opposition, new ministers, rajnath singh, ramachandra, ramdas, rameshwar, s suresh, shobha, sushma swaraj, venkaiah naidu, vidhana soudha