Yankees Defeat Phillies In The World Series Game 4November 2nd, 2009 - 6:49 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Philadelphia, Nov. 2, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The New York Yankees registered yet another victory against the Philadelphia Phillies in the fourth game of the World Series championship on Sunday night. The amazing performance of the players of the Yankees team was certainly enjoyed by all the Yankees fans. The Yankees defeated the Phillies by a margin of 7-4, that enabled them to take a 3-1 lead in the series.
The match saw Yankees player Alex Rodriguez deliver a scintillating performance as he probably manged to showcase the biggest hit of his career in the game. As Charlie Manuel, manager of the Philadelphia Phillies had earlier clarified, the game witnessed Joe Blanton replacing Cliff Lee. However, Cliff Lee is expected to be back in action in the fifth game of the series. Yankees player C. C. Sabathia also played well and allowed three runs at the same time pitched twice in the postseason that enabled his team to clinch the victory.
The Philadelphia Phillies would surely find this defeat hard to digest as this is an absolutely new terrain for their team, which has not trailed in a series for quite some time now. Winning this game was immensely important for them, having already lost two games in this season and their loss would [to some extent] jeopardize their chances of winning the World Series this time. However, as things are shaping up, it seems that the Yankees are all set to win their 27th championship this season when they again take the field for game 5 on Monday night, which would be their first championship victory since 2000.
- Cliff Lee Creates History At The World Series Opener - Oct 29, 2009
- Yankees Defeats Angeles & Takes On Phillies For World Series Game - Oct 26, 2009
- Yankees Get 2-1 Lead Over Phillies In World Series Game 3 - Nov 01, 2009
- Chase Utley Hits Record Tying Five Homers - Nov 03, 2009
- Yankees Player Andy Pettite Ensures His Team's Victory - Nov 01, 2009
- Yankees Defeat Phillies To Win World Series 2009 - Nov 05, 2009
- Hideki Matsui Ensures Yankees Victory In World Series 2009 - Nov 05, 2009
- A.J. Burnett Gives An Impressive Performance In The Second Game Of The World Series - Oct 30, 2009
- Johnny Damon & C.C.Sabathia Helps Yankees Win Against Angels - Oct 17, 2009
- Yankees beat Angles 5-2, advance to World Series 2009 - Oct 26, 2009
- Phillies Defeats Dodgers In Game 3 - Oct 19, 2009
- Philly's chances ride on Joe Blanton - Nov 02, 2009
- 2011 ALDS to kick off on Friday - Sep 30, 2011
- World Series Game 5 Score: Phillies Clinches Victory Over Yankees - Nov 03, 2009
- Phillies Winning Streak Continues In Phillies-Dodgers Game 4 - Oct 20, 2009
Tags: alex rodriguez, c c sabathia, championship victory, charlie manuel, extent, fifth game, gina gomez, joe blanton, match, monday night, new terrain, new york yankees, nov 2, philadelphia phillies, quite some time, showcase, two games, world series, world series championship, world series game