Yamaha crown for Jehan DaruvalaSeptember 29th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Sep 29 (IANS) Jehan Daruvala from Rayo Racing clinched the championship title with a third place finish in the Yamaha Category of the All Stars Karting series.
In his first year as a junior, the 2010 JK Tyre Micro Max National champion began the weekend being fastest in free practice Saturday. However, he qualified fifth due to brake failure during warm-up run Sunday and finished Race 1 in fourth due to engine problems.
In race 2, Daruvala started fifth, but made places to lead only to lose track position as the engine problem resurfaced and he eventually came in third which was enough to win him the championship on points.
Mohamad Syazwan Noor of Malaysia won the race, but finished second in the Championship, ahead of Suhai Zairul.
Besides the title, Daruvala also wins the opportunity to represent the South East Asia Region in the last Round of the Yamaha SL Cup in Japan.
Daruvala said: “This is my first year in the junior category and it was tough. I am very happy to have won this title. We were consistently quick at all the venues and that paid off.”
- Maiden win for Ameya Bafna in Rotax Karting - Jul 10, 2011
- Chittesh, Maini brothers emerge champs in National Rotax Karting - Sep 04, 2011
- Abhirath, Jehan dazzle in final round of Rotax Karting - Sep 03, 2011
- Daruvala bags pole in fourth round of national karting - Aug 06, 2011
- Vishnu, Jehan win in National Rotax Max Karting - Aug 07, 2011
- Chittesh, Maini brothers dominate at Rotax Karting - Jul 09, 2011
- Double for Team Maini Racing - Jul 22, 2012
- Close contest likely in final round of Rotax Karting - Sep 02, 2011
- Double for Mohite's Racing - Aug 05, 2012
- 33 entries for National Rotax Karting Championship - Aug 05, 2011
- Tough start for Indian karters - Apr 24, 2012
- Karting Nationals: Parth tops among seniors - Aug 20, 2010
- Danigod tops in Micro class - Aug 19, 2012
- Motorsports: Close win for Arya Gandhi - May 20, 2012
- Parth tops among seniors in JK Tyre karting - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: all stars, brake failure, east asia region, japan, jehan, jk tyre, junior category, kuala lumpur, mohamad, national champion, noor, south east asia, south east asia region, syazwan, track position, tyre, zairul