World Twenty20: India beat AfghanistanMay 1st, 2010 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
Gros Islet (St Lucia), May 1 (IANS) India beat Afghanistan by seven wickets in a Group C match of the World Twenty20 here Saturday.
Put in, Afghanistan scored 115 for eight with Noor Ali (50 off 48 balls) and Asghar Stanikzai (30 off 33 balls) sharing 68 runs to pull the team out of trouble as they lost three wickets for 29 runs. For India, Ashish Nehra took three wickets while Praveen Kumar got two.
India completed the chase in 14.5 overs with Murali Vijay (48) and Yuvraj Singh (23 not out) doing the bulk of the scoring. Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni struck two sixes in his unbeaten 15.
- T20 world Cup: India beats minnows Afghanistan by seven-wicket - May 02, 2010
- Afghanistan set India 116-run target - May 01, 2010
- Scoreboard, World Twenty20, India vs Afghanistan - May 02, 2010
- Easy victory for India, Afghanistan show promise (Lead) - May 01, 2010
- Dhoni lauds Afghanistan for impressive display - May 02, 2010
- India to begin World Twenty20 campaign against Afghanistan - Apr 30, 2010
- South Africa elect to field against India - May 02, 2010
- India go down to Sri Lanka, out of World Twenty20 (Lead) - May 12, 2010
- India set Sri Lanka 164-run target - May 12, 2010
- South Africa bundle India out for 296 - Mar 12, 2011
- Raina century powers India to Super Eight (Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Scoreboard: India vs. South Africa, World Twenty20 - May 03, 2010
- Bowling key for India in World Twenty20 - Apr 28, 2010
- Teams for World Twenty20 cricket - Apr 29, 2010
- Kohli ton helps India beat New Zealand by 40 wickets - Nov 28, 2010