World T20: New Zealand beat Bangladesh by 59 runsSeptember 21st, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Pallekele (Sri Lanka), Sep 21 (IANS) New Zealand beat Bangladesh by 59 runs in the Group D opener of the World Twenty20 cricket at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium here Friday.
Put into bat, New Zealand raced to 191 for three as wicket-keeper batsman Brendon McCullum struck 123.
In reply, Bangladesh could only manage 132 for eight. Nassir Hossain (50) scored the sole half-century of the Bangladeshi innings while Kyle Mills and Tim Southee clinched three-wickets each.
- World T20: McCullum's record century powers New Zealand to 59-run win - Sep 21, 2012
- World Twenty20 scoreboard: New Zealand vs Bangladesh - Sep 21, 2012
- World T20: Bangladesh choose to bowl against Kiwis - Sep 21, 2012
- World T20: Kiwis set a target of 192 for Bangladesh - Sep 21, 2012
- New Zealand elect to bat against Pakistan - Mar 08, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: New Zealand vs Pakistan, Group A - Mar 09, 2011
- Vettori, McCullum, Ryder back in Kiwi squad for Bangladesh tour - Sep 13, 2010
- India elect to bat against New Zealand - Aug 25, 2010
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- Styris, Jamie How recalled for ODI series against India - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,