World Military Games conclude in HyderabadNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:37 am ICT by admin
Thousands of spectators filled every inch of the stadium to join the celebrations of the Games in which nearly 5000 athletes from 101 countries participated.
Russia emerged on top of the Medal Tally with 42 Gold, 26 Silver and 28 Bronze medals. China came second with 36 Gold, 22 Silver and 13 Bronze medals, while Germany came a distant third with 7 Gold, 10 Silver and 13 Bronze.
India won 10 medals including 2 Gold, 1 Silver and 7 Bronze, its largest haul ever in the two editions of the Games that it participated in.
During the Games, 3 world records and 27 CISM records were either set or overhauled.
Of these 17 were set alone by women athletes. A record of 49 countries won medals during the competitions, the highest ever in any edition of the Games. (ANI)
- Best-ever Games tally makes for India's euphoric Sunday (Intro Night Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Cuba achieves historic performance in Paralympics - Sep 10, 2012
- 16th Asian Games draw to close at colourful ceremony - Nov 27, 2010
- Mexico has best Olympics in over 40 years - Aug 13, 2012
- Are Indians good enough to take on the world? (Asian Games Review) - Nov 28, 2010
- The best Olympics for India (Review) - Aug 12, 2012
- Asian Games close with China dominant as never before (Lead) - Nov 27, 2010
- CWG: India bests England to second place, ends Games with many firsts (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2010
- Canada hopes to finish among top 12 in London - May 30, 2012
- Mayookha, Om Prakash win bronze in Asian Athletics - Jul 09, 2011
- Olympics: Sushil secures silver on concluding day (India Roundup) - Aug 12, 2012
- Chinese juggernaut rolls on at Olympics (World Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Sushil first to win back-to-back medals (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Swimmers win best athlete awards at National Games - Feb 26, 2011
- Indian athletes' London tryst amid soaring expectations - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: 7 gold, antony, bronze medals, celebrations, cism, closing ceremony, competitions, defence minister, every inch, games 3, gmc, hyderabad, medal tally, military games, overhauled, spectators, women athletes, won medals, world military